I know you all said walk away!

Well, after getting some great advice from here, I decided to go against the grain and take a punt on a car with a few minor issues. Picked her up last night and I am already in love with my red head. I cant wait for the weekend so I can get the bucket and sponge out and we can get intimate!

Hi to everyone, and thanks to everyone that replied to my thread in the general forum.

car.jpg

Looks nice enough :thumbs:

What are the niggles?

It needs an drivers side window motor, and the CEL was on when i viewed it, code was an O2 sensor, so i will replace this if it re-appears. Apart from that it needs new boot struts at some point and a good clean and polish :)

Dont worry guys, bucket and sponge was just a figure of speech!! she will be getting the following treatment if the weather holds out

Wash

Clay Bar

Wash

Prima Amigo Glaze

DODO Juice Orange crush Wax

DODO acrylic spritz sealant

She has done 45k and has a full service history.The exhaust is stock infact i think the whole car is.

Also, I have already ordered the Motor for the window from Alex. I think the first response to my initial post said to PM him! :thumbs:

Glad you got one..easy to sort the probs with the 02 sensor and the window motor...get some elbow grease working

this weekend...mind you it does not look bad...Enjoy :thumbs:

Cheers Will, and dont worry I normally take other peoples advice..this is just a one off! ;)

• Like 1

I'd try taking the window motor apart first and giving it a clean out. May well fix the issue, I think there's a destruction manual on here somewhere.

Edit: Just seen you've ordered a new one. :lol:

Edited by Dedman

I'd try taking the window motor apart first and giving it a clean out. May well fix the issue, I think there's a destruction manual on here somewhere.

Edit: Just seen you've ordered a new one. :lol:

That only 'buys' you some more time though doesn't it? Thought it wasn't a permanent fix