Phone choice

ioneabee

ok - contract is now up and I get to choose a new phone - currently have a HTC Desire, good phone but getting a little dated now i think

I've narrowed my choices down to

HTC One XL

Samsung S3

quite like the look of the I5, but just rediculously expensive, so thats out

whats folks thoughts and any other suggestions would be appreciated

cheers

just got my upgrade done today also, i got htc wildfire and they offered me the htc desire c which is basically the same phone after bit of moaning they gave me the htc 8s windows phone not sure if its good but will give it a go and the htc 8x is the the newest one i think but take a look at those i guess

As I've already mentioned I've got a Samsung galaxy s3 but TBH I probably use about 2% of what it's capable of. I always spend ages researching phones, tv's, tablets and cars and end up buying the best on the market at the time. Then all I do is use it for the basic functions. I must be a salesman's wet dream lol.

From now on I'm going basic!

My i5 cost me £15 :shrug:

and £60 / month :lol: :lol: :lol: more fool you

£30 a month, unlimited data, unlimited txts, unlimited calls to the missus & my best mate and 600 minutes to anyone else :p

ok - thats rather good - but I bet that deals not available anymore - who's it with

what operating system do you prefer,

if is android i have the HTC one X and very pleased with it, if i wanted to spend more money instead of the free phone, i would have got the S3

if you like apple get a 4

if you like windows i think the new experia Z from sony is meant to be the dogs danglies.

i'm currently on android, loved it, but recently i decided to move to one operating system, so next upgrade in 18 months will be to windows. not because its the best but because it means what i use all the time will intergrate better.

and hopefully in 18 months windows should have refined their phone tech more.

I went with 3 as you get unlimited data which for me means I can use the phone for streaming media without worrying about checking my data usage, for example I am working away from home and can watch whatever I want on sky go or iPlayer etc no worries, or stream all my music from home, listen to internet radio or use sat nav all on 3g inclusive.

For me buying anything above a 16gb iPhone is a rip off as I don't have music or video on it when i can stream for free so that keeps the initial cost down too, the only 'deal' i got was that my missus was on 3 so as as such me joining we both got £30 off our next month so iPhone 5 16gb was £75 - £30 - £30 = £15 :thumbs: £30 a month contract + VAT

I agree you are getting ripped off if you pay £200 for a 64gb iPhone5 on a £40 a month contract with just 1gb data a month which is bugger all, not even enough to stream a footy match or 5/6 hours of radio...