Tradesmen????

stuarty

I'd love to hear what the tradesmen and women of this world think that you are worth per day :lol: I take it you will abide by their decision and give back any salary that they don't feel you have earned? :boxing::D

I'd love to know his job title, but he's being mysteriously secretive about that.

"Finally, I stand by my comment that individual tradesmen are not worth any more than £150 a day."

I'd love to hear what the tradesmen and women of this world think that you are worth per day :lol: I take it you will abide by their decision and give back any salary that they don't feel you have earned? :boxing::D

Tradesman - wage

Professional - salary

It's a class thang !!!

"Finally, I stand by my comment that individual tradesmen are not worth any more than £150 a day."

For sure!

Yes. Please explain why.

Responsibility!

Fair enough.

So where do you stand on gas fitters? They have a responsibility too, as if they get it wrong they could kill far more in one go than the single person a surgeon could.

• Like 3

Why is what I do so important. I am very well qualified to do a professional job, but I opt to do a run of the mill job, because a) I can afford too and b. I get a lot more satisfaction from it!

Edited by stuarty

Why is what I do so important. I am very well qualified to do a professional job, but I opt to do a run of the mill job, because a) I can afford too and B) I get a lot more satisfaction from it!

It's important because that's the whole basis of your entire argument, that what someone does dictates exactly what they're worth. If you're so sure about that, put your head above the parapet and give some details.

Yes. Please explain why.

Responsibility!

Fair enough.

So where do you stand on gas fitters? They have a responsibility too, as if they get it wrong they could kill far more in one go than the single person a surgeon could.

Actually, following on from this leads to some clever ideas.

A general in the army should be paid shedloads, they've got the responsibility of thousands of men's lives in their hands. Or take it to the nth degree and you come to the inevitable conclusion that the best paid man in the world should be the head of China.

Yes. Please explain why.

Responsibility!

Fair enough.

Everyone has there worth, I agree with that. Consultants deserve there pay, gas fitters probably deserve there pay as they have extra skills, responsibilities, qualifications etc. the same applies to structural engineers, pilots, etc. but for a joiner to charge what they do is wrong.

But why? If it's the going rate, then that's all there is to it.

I'm crap with wood (fnar), and couldn't ever hope to have the skill of a basic joiner/chippy. They probably wouldn't want to put their hands in sewage like I'm happy to do.

But why? If it's the going rate, then that's all there is to it.

I'm crap with wood (fnar), and couldn't ever hope to have the skill of a basic joiner/chippy. They probably wouldn't want to put their hands in sewage like I'm happy to do.

does that make you a sh!t stirrer Dan ? :) :) :) :) :)

Yes. Please explain why.

Responsibility!

Fair enough.

Everyone has there worth, I agree with that. Consultants deserve there pay, gas fitters probably deserve there pay as they have extra skills, responsibilities, qualifications etc. the same applies to structural engineers, pilots, etc. but for a joiner to charge what they do is wrong.

I trained as a carpenter/joiner........................... what am i worth then? :boxing:

Yes. Please explain why.

Responsibility!

Fair enough.

Everyone has there worth, I agree with that. Consultants deserve there pay, gas fitters probably deserve there pay as they have extra skills, responsibilities, qualifications etc. the same applies to structural engineers, pilots, etc. but for The joiner that did my laminate to charge what they did is wrong.

Rephrased that for you as once again your tarring us all with the same brush ;)