Traffic camera warning

cmp999

Hi, Can someone please offer some advice, whilst driving along my local roads I used to get a verbal warning from the sat nav (even if I was not using it) that I was approaching a traffic camera. Yesterday I actually used the sat nav to find a destination in a city that I do not know, lots of speed cameras yet I did not get a single warning. I have checked the settings and the traffic camera warning is highlited (lit), I have driven through my local cameras today and no warning was given.

We have only had the car a few weeks so still learning, I have looked through the handbook and cannot find any other info other than what I have done above. It is a 61 plate with connect premium, am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance, Colin :thumbs:

Does the system update itself automatically? I'm guessing not, so these could be cameras that it doesn't know about.

If it still tells you when you're approaching a camera that you do know about, then all's well I guess unless you want to get it updated (if Nissan even offer the option).

to my knowledge the 370 map info on the sat navs systems is quite out of date, a couple of years, and cannot be updated unless you want to pay a fortune. Perhaps the cameras in that city are not on your maps

Edited by Will370z

Thanks for the replies, yes it is a 370z :teeth:, I think you are misunderstanding me. Being a male I enjoy pushing buttons and making adjustments before I fully understand what I am doing. The system did used to warn me to speed cameras, even when listening to music it would interupt to say that I was approaching one. After playing around with the settings, as you do, I must have set something that I should'nt have :wacko:

Hi Colin,

Unsure of the full answer to this, but I had a similar problem.

My satnav always gave me the warnings, but one day it stopped.

At the time I fiddled with 2 things and it worked, so unsure which one actually fixed it, but you may want to try them both.

1:Was playing around with the voice recognition system

2:Had a previuos satnav location still stored, but didn't delete it on arrival.

Having removed the stored location, and reconfiguring the voice recognition, the speed camera warnings returned.

Hope this helps

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies, I have sorted it. I had highlighted a choice under speed camera warnings, cant remember how it was worded but something like (on chosen routes), I have now turned this off and my warnings work again :blush:

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies, I have sorted it. I had highlighted a choice under speed camera warnings, cant remember how it was worded but something like (on chosen routes), I have now turned this off and my warnings work again :blush:

That seems to ring a bell. I think you can have it set to tell you about them all the time, or only on the route you currently have set (when its set).

All sorted now, so thats good :thumbs:

Does it only warn you when you are going faster than the camera allows :shrug:

Thats what my aftermarket one does, if you are a good boy she is quiet, if you push it a bit to hard she complains.... Oh no hang on thats the misses not the satnav :blush:

I won't be surprised to hear your misses complains about your chosen route as well - especially if your push it a bit hard :surrender:

My system keeps telling me there are cameras in places I've never known there to be one.

Its proberbly drawing your attention to the fact that is is the location for a Mobile Camera.

They now have to be made public as are the Gatso's etc!

I have the Pogo Alert Plus and provided I keep it updated, never misses a beat:)

Does it only warn you when you are going faster than the camera allows :shrug:

Thats what my aftermarket one does, if you are a good boy she is quiet, if you push it a bit to hard she complains.... Oh no hang on thats the misses not the satnav :blush:

Doesn't matter what speed you're doing, under or over the limit, she still warns you. Just some supplementary info, the traffic updates are bang up to date and you will get a warning of traffic problems ahead on set routes, well in advance and you will be offered an alternative route. Took this option once and ended up in a farmyard :lol: