Audi drivers, did they all have a meeting...

AMT

That logic is bananas- not buying it. Bad drivers are bad drivers regardless of the car/van/bus/lorry. Every brand has good and bad drivers. Most drivers own/drive a variety of cars in their life. Good drivers can also drive badly- human error or having a bad day

People are drawn to german cars cos of the quality and drive, not cos they are owned by fellow bad drivers and because of the image they have

"People are drawn to german cars cos of the quality and drive"

I found the quality to be pretty poor. The cockpit was cramped, the seats uncomfortable and, yes, the indicators were pigs to use (which doesn't excuse BMW drivers for not even trying :lol: ). If the car that we had was typical of BMW's build quality then I think that your logic is also faulty. Sorry :blush: The car wasn't even nice to drive now I come to think of it. When my husband managed to get rid of it onto another unsuspecting company employee he also got shot of it as soon as he could because he hated it too. Maybe it was atypical? Who knows, I hope never to have to find out!

If people said all zed owners were the same there would be an uproar. Even AMT wouldve complained if he still had his Hyundai

Probably :blush:

Also never grew up with Datsun it's always been Nissan since I was young. therefore I don't really get the badge snobbery

I agree!.. Climate, cruise, heated leather, Bose(..well..),6CD, muscly looks,309bhp.... and all for 15K. Merc SL350...same pace, same stuff, STARTS at £70K ... you can keep your badge, the quality of the plastic doesn't bother me that much lol :p

:lol: Aww.. what a thread! I'm proud of it lol Obviously I'm not dissing...infact thats a horrible word a teenager would use..erm.. insulting (there ya go) all drivers as not all are the same, just a large percentage of said tail gators ive noticed have been Audis. I do like A5s though... but you need to buy big wheels and the sporty bumpers or else there quite boring...and expensive lol.

Random car rant there...oh and PS... I'm not a Ned...Chav for you down southers, but I'm only 26(for another month anyway :dry:)...so I still like to put the 'hammer down' as it were from time to time :blush::surrender::ban:

Edited by AMT

"People are drawn to german cars cos of the quality and drive"

I found the quality to be pretty poor. The cockpit was cramped, the seats uncomfortable and, yes, the indicators were pigs to use (which doesn't excuse BMW drivers for not even trying :lol: ). If the car that we had was typical of BMW's build quality then I think that your logic is also faulty. Sorry :blush: The car wasn't even nice to drive now I come to think of it. When my husband managed to get rid of it onto another unsuspecting company employee he also got shot of it as soon as he could because he hated it too. Maybe it was atypical? Who knows, I hope never to have to find out!

Which model? Every beamer Iv driven has been a joy to drive. Like ekona says, it's one of the highest selling brands so others must think so too

On the subject of tail gating- I don't encourage it but I also hate people hogging the right lane and not moving out the way when Someones behind them

Must be a Audi thing of late as just reading another car forum and someone was moaning about Audi drivers :lol:

Quote:

' I drive my 1.0l automatic Micra and in the slow lane travelling an average of 65mph.

I use to think BM drivers thought they were king of the roads, now I believe they have moved onto Audi's. Cutting people up, last minute exits and pulling out. '

Must be a Audi thing of late as just reading another car forum and someone was moaning about Audi drivers :lol:

Quote:

' I drive my 1.0l automatic Micra and in the slow lane travelling an average of 65mph.

I use to think BM drivers thought they were king of the roads, now I believe they have moved onto Audi's. Cutting people up, last minute exits and pulling out. '

Another car forum, how very dare you!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I'd never condone tailgating, is it my fault if the automatic tractor beam on the front of my S5 is set to 50mm?????????????????????? :stir: It's not my fault you all drive so slow in your little V6's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honest guys I'm only joking :boxing::stir::teeth:

LRF4N it was a 320ED I think - if there is such a thing, I don't have much knowledge about cars :blush: , so only a basic model and I suppose I am being harsh when I said it wasn't nice to drive because it was very good on the motorway (uncomfortable seats notwithstanding) but I only tended to drive it along the potholed, single track lanes that make up the bulk of my daily trips, and it never seemed very happy doing that. I don't really like driving my Zed along the same lanes either although he seems happy enough at slower speeds than the BMW ever did.

Regarding hogging the right hand lane, I spend quite a lot of time in it myself but only if I'm overtaking. I don't think it's my right to occupy it at all times and, truly, it is only BMW and Audi drivers whom I've ever seen racing up behind people (not me :lol: ) in the right hand lane and flashing their lights at them until they moved and then going on and doing the same thing to the next driver that they came up behind. I'll report back if I ever see a little old lady in a Citroen C1 doing the same thing :p

Regarding hogging the right hand lane, I spend quite a lot of time in it myself but only if I'm overtaking. I don't think it's my right to occupy it at all times and, truly, it is only BMW and Audi drivers whom I've ever seen racing up behind people (not me :lol: ) in the right hand lane and flashing their lights at them until they moved and then going on and doing the same thing to the next driver that they came up behind. I'll report back if I ever see a little old lady in a Citroen C1 doing the same thing :p

Ah lane hogging, this also applies to the middle lane for me, it's my single biggest hate of drivers, even more so than a lack of indicating. Why is it that people get pulled over for undertaking in these situations, surely the people who create the possibility to undertake should be pulled over for driving without due care and attention or something similar?!

Ah lane hogging, this also applies to the middle lane for me, it's my single biggest hate of drivers, even more so than a lack of indicating. Why is it that people get pulled over for undertaking in these situations, surely the people who create the possibility to undertake should be pulled over for driving without due care and attention or something similar?!

Totally agree, one of Mike's friends was driving in the "slow" lane and there was someone sitting at 10mph under the speed limit in the third lane of a four lane section on the M25, instead of undertaking, he pulled out to the fourth lane (indicating, he didn't just dart out) and then overtook him and pulled back into the "slow lane" and he got pulled over for dangerous driving!