Ding free run has ended:(

HEADPHONES

Always OCD when it came to parking to prevent door dings.

Got to work early to get the safe parking space where nobody parks alongside.

Parked away from the masses at supermarkets etc.

Even aborted a few trips to the gym when I can't find a good space.

This has left me with a pristine, ding free Zed for the past 8 yrs.

This week I parked with the masses JUST TWICE.

Late to work once and same with the gym.

Result......3 deep dings:(

At least paint isn't chipped and they're all on the passenger door.

Hopefully get them massaged out at my next service. Just hope the ding man doesn't wreck the door cards when gaining access to the dings!

Bad luck, that sucks.

Some people just dont care. Couldnt believe a couple of years ago when we went on the hoon. Left one spot free in the car park in amoungst all the zeds and some idiot in a hired golf parked up, opened the door bang straight into andy's gorgeous red zed......just couldnt believe it

Gutted for you mate. Seen you at Krispy Kreme meets and know how well you look after the car. Door cards are relatively easy to remove without damaging. Took mine off to fix a rattle in the door. At least the paints not broken, so the dent guy should be able to sort it.

I just hate it...I came back to the car park at Tesco recently to find a Mum in a 4x4 with the door opened

fully against my car trying to get a reluctent kid into a baby seat, with ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD

to the damage to my car..when I pointed it out to her, and showed her the "damage" to my car, she started screaming

at me....PROVE IT and get the police...!!! I just left her in her Prozac haze and paid again for another

dent to be removed..!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I just hate it...I came back to the car park at Tesco recently to find a Mum in a 4x4 with the door opened

fully against my car trying to get a reluctent kid into a baby seat, with ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD

to the damage to my car..when I pointed it out to her, and showed her the "damage" to my car, she started screaming

at me....PROVE IT and get the police...!!! I just left her in her Prozac haze and paid again for another

dent to be removed..!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn... especially one with a screaming child that refuses to get strapped into a car seat.

• Like 1

In ASDA car park a few months a go a young woman opened her door into another car. I had actually passed the car but the bang was so loud that I (and others) turned around to see what had happened. She just got back in her car and moved to a different parking slot.

Pete

Always OCD when it came to parking to prevent door dings.

Got to work early to get the safe parking space where nobody parks alongside.

Parked away from the masses at supermarkets etc.

Even aborted a few trips to the gym when I can't find a good space.

This has left me with a pristine, ding free Zed for the past 8 yrs.

This week I parked with the masses JUST TWICE.

Late to work once and same with the gym.

Result......3 deep dings:(

At least paint isn't chipped and they're all on the passenger door.

Hopefully get them massaged out at my next service. Just hope the ding man doesn't wreck the door cards when gaining access to the dings!

yep L&G get a chap round I think on Fridays. Speak to Dave

Ouch mate! I too also have an OCD with the zed and my previous cars, always have and still will park where no-one will park, which seems like a 10mile hike. Or worse case senario if I have to park amongst the crowd I'll have to do a "car next to me check" car seats/booster seats - is a defo no go. My misses really hates it when we go out in the zed.

Thats one thing that really gets on my tits, car park dings. I remember shopping in kingston in my previous car, parked at the top level in the corner and i was the only one on that level, came back a few hours later to find and old banger corolla right next to mine. I knew as soon as i was walking up to it that theres probably a dent, got there looked down the side and yep a nice dent on the door. Red mist decended whilst in front of the mrs, so i rugby kicked the bottom of the guys door and caved it in :boxing: the mrs stood there in shock :lol: happy i the knowledge that door was ****ed i jumped in the car and drove off.

No respect for other peoples property leads to consequences as far as im concerned

• Like 2

I get very pi**ed off too but that’s a little extreme mate! are you 100% sure it was them??

PDR is the way to go I had a massive dent removed from my previous car where a trolley had entered the side of my car at what looked to be high speed! Sadly it was the arse end of Tesco car park but the dent was so big I'm sure someone pushed it in to my car. there was zero wind that eay! The guy that came out even sanded down the paint work slightly with 3000grit wet and dry and polished the car. The dent was impossible to find!

Edited by adam1942

Ive had my 1st just last week. Im 99% sure it was my next door neighbour with her shed of a punto, theres even blue paint still on my car yet she refuses to admit she did it.

Just another thing to fuel the war with the neighbour from hell :angry:

Adam, yes I'm sure it was that cars owner. Il post a picture of my old car and show you that there not a single mark on it until then, cost me 40 to get that ding out, cheap i know but it's the principle

Who did you use to remove the ding mate?

I only saw red because that car was my pride and joy for three years, went everywhere and done everything in it lol you'll understand when I put a couple photos up fella ;)

Yes he would have needed a new door, but don't park right next to the only car on that level and have the cheek to dent it and not expect a reaction.

Tony at dent angel fella, won't let anyone else touch my car for that sort of work