Anyone else had fitting issues with K1s?

Adam-Murse

Been back on forth with japspeed on this. I've had products off them for my R33 and S13s and never had an issue. For value for money they are great.

Then me and my best mate bought a K1 system off them and months later we just can't get it to fit! It's driving us mad

Anyone else had the same issue?

There was a K1 which had been modified to fit which had been removed and put on ebay recently, seriously, it looked like someone had been throwing a hammer at it for an hour. A quick searchie on here would have reported back the shocking customer service and product quality with japspeed on the K1.

My k1 hit off the vee brace thing in the middle of the car causing horrendous vibrations and noise through the car and the left pipe pushed against the bumper. After 6 weeks the middle silencer cracked all the way round and snapped.they refunded the money but im £30 worse off for the return delivery.My japspeed decats snapped after about 3 months.These got replaced but im down £15 for the return delivery. i bought a cobra system and love it.sounds 100 times better too

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the silenced decats from crapspeed and they put my exhaust under such tension that it tore the cat in half after 3 months and also ripped my flexi-pipe in half too. I had to have them cut at the flages and then rotated to fit them. I also have a K2 backbox which sounds like its made from a box of nails. Now I'm on the hunt for a buddyclub single exit exhaust. Everything japspeed I've seen for the 350's is shocking.

I've been on here for 2.5 years and the one product in all of that time that has consistently given far more problems than any other is Japspeed. You get what you pay for and if the price seems too god to be true then it usually is unfortunately. :wacko:

They are known for the value systems and little or less can go wrong if you have a car with a straight forward single system, especially with older cars where there are more space and play.

However the Zed's are quite... "complicated" and require a bit more attention to detail especially when it's a duel system and having to navigate around the rear ARB. A few mm's make such a difference.

I think for the Zed's its worth spending that little bit more for a better system will save you a lot of head ache and many hours of frustrated %&*+£@ing...

i think japseye lost their customer base on here when they tried to say the car was wonky and not their system.

personally i wouldn't trust their products and i certainly wouldnt use their manifolds as they are a pig to get to if the welds degrade.

the K1 also sounds like arse as well, yes its loud, but its not a refined loud its a raspy, car rattling noise.(with the bungs out)

with the bungs in; it looks like a whales vagina

• Like 2

Has anyone not had issues with fitting the k1?

Vlad appears to be the only one ^ :)

yea, mine was straight on and no problems so far *touch wood* but ones get next few bits sorted will probably change it, but happy with it so far :)