Interesting forum about tyres.

scubapics

So good dblock said it twice :lol: I wonder how many garages actually know this stuff?

The forum seems glitchy ATM but I think admins on the case as a few other threads on the subject.

They might know but chose to ignore it. Generally I find you can find a decent guy but he is always too busy and the crap ones you just need to put up with and point this stuff out to them. Knowing your stuff can help as some like to talk out of there rear passage.

Very true. Given how many tyres we (as a performance car focused community, so across all brands) use in a yearly basis, and the fact that none of us were aware of this, I can't see this being an issue in the slightest unless you're really, really unlucky. Even on stuff that's incredibly tyre-sensitive like the Elise, I doubt many folks would be aware of this and have never come across the issue.

Whilst it's great info, and I'm sure it can make a difference, it's not something I'm ever going to lose sleep over. :)