Michelin PSS or Vredstein Ultrac Sessanta?

Arran

Morning all

Need some views and experience on these two tyres as ive booked a Nurburgring and Stelvio Pass trip in June so will need 4 new tyres by then

Basically they come in at pretty much the same price so no issue there but i want to know if anyone has experience with either or even both would be great, As i know the Michelin PSS are meant to be the best performance tyre out there but the Vreds have excellent reviews as well

Also would it be worth going from a 225/45/18 to a 235/40 or 235/45 for a bit more contact with the road and from 245/45/18 to a 255/45 or 255/40 at the rear

Any ideas please guys

Cheers

Arran

Probably not much help as I haven't used either tyres. But I know that some friends of mine have used both tyres. And both have fantastic results, if I had to choose I would go for the Michelins, purely as I have used pilot sports in the past and they were great! I hate choosing tyres!

Hope someone here has used them both that can help you!

I have not tried the Michelin's but I have a set of the Vred's on at the miute and I love the feedback that they give - if they are going to let go, you know it in advance and are ready for it.

The Sessanta's are being replaced by the Vorti's at the minute, so you could struggle to replace just one in the event of a puncture or other tyre replacing scenario. My rears are on their way out and I will be going for the Vorti's when I need to replace them as I have been so impressed by them

• Like 1

I also have the Vred's all round and find them excellent in pretty much all conditions. You really have to be pushing hard to get them to let go and when they do it's really gentle and progressive.

If I was going for a new set though, I'd probably go for the MPSS as they get even better reviews than the Vreds, so must be pretty amazing. Obviously the MPSS are a little more expensive so depends if you want to fork out the extra. If you do go for the Vreds you won't be dissapointed, they are an excellent tyre (IMHO).

Well the rears are a pound difference between the two and the fronts only 18 pound difference, il happily pay out knowing I have the very best i can get. I know the PSS have some if not the best reviews so I am swaying more towards those at the moment

The vreds look really cool though! Lol

I had exactly the same conundrum recently as my rear re050's are shot. After a lot of research I opted for the ultrac sensata's based on feel, wet and dry grip and the aggressive tread pattern. The difference between them and the PSS is negligible and un noticeable in most conditions. The tread pattern was the final selling point for me. :)

I'm getting some MPSS's rears fitted tomorrow, I will then have different tyres on front and back so probably die in a fireball somewhere but nevermind..... :byebye:

Same here mate :lol: (for a month or so when I can do the fronts)

However, I'm keen to know what price you are paying, as I just bought a pair from Camskill, and hoping to find a tyre fitter than will actually fit them now.

Edited by RobPhoboS

I'm getting some MPSS's rears fitted tomorrow, I will then have different tyres on front and back so probably die in a fireball somewhere but nevermind..... :byebye:

Same here mate :lol:

However, I'm keen to know what price you are paying, as I just bought a pair from Camskill, and hoping to find a tyre fitter than will actually fit them now.

Getting them from Kaiser Motors on the forum, PM him for a price, put it this way I asked about REO50's as that's what I have always had and they were cheaper that the last lot I got and the MPSS's were only a couple of £ each dearer so a no brainer really.....

Getting them from Kaiser Motors on the forum, PM him for a price, put it this way I asked about REO50's as that's what I have always had and they were cheaper that the last lot I got and the MPSS's were only a couple of £ each dearer so a no brainer really.....

Too far from me, but if you can, please could you PM the price ?

My normal local place I use for fitting/balancing etc wanted £420 ! :surrender:

Well the rears are a pound difference between the two and the fronts only 18 pound difference, il happily pay out knowing I have the very best i can get. I know the PSS have some if not the best reviews so I am swaying more towards those at the moment

The vreds look really cool though! Lol

I have searched all over and cant seem to get the size I want on the back in MPSS 275/35/18

Dont want to drop if i can help it.

:lol: Heretic!

Who me? :blush:

You speaking from the grave?

Not getting them fitted till tomorrow afternoon, just sitting working out 20 things to do before I die that I can fit into tomorrow morning :lol: