Hello! And help!

MrLee

Hi all, I'm Lee and I'm looking at stepping up to a 350Z having owned an FTO for the past 7 years. I'm desperately trying to find a black GT with black leather interior and failing miserably, being located in the most south east part of the UK possible!

I went and test drove a black GT with orange leather today, fabulous car but this one had some niggles and I was hoping to get some advice. I checked all the usual bits (clunking from the rear, fogged up Xenons, rust on the sills/exhaust etc), but the following bits concerned me.

- There was a nasty grinding noise at full lock both ways, I worry that it's wheel bearings being shot?

- The Bose head unit seems to have something stuck in it as there was no way a CD was going in. Now unless I'm being utterly stupid and this wasn't actually a CD insert, that appears to be screwed.

- The sub behind the driver's seat did not appear to be working.

As I understand it, these Bose systems are a pig to replace/upgrade (or downgrade, depending how you look at it!).

Otherwise the car is clean, it's a '04 with I guess expected mileage of 89k. It's been serviced fairly regularly, but has been SORN for a while now. 6 previous owners, here it is in case there's any knowledge in the club:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201214461495623/sort/default/usedcars/colour/black/model/350_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/postcode/ct94df/radius/1500?logcode=p

The bloke that owns the garage is a complete tool which has put me on edge, he's offered to fix everything (albeit begrudgingly) and offered a 3 month warranty, and seeing as my FTO is pretty much dead I need a car sooner rather than later, but I don't want to buy a dog of a car.

Thanks and hope to own one of these brilliant cars very soon!

:wave:

grinding could be a banana bar issue. as for the bose its crap. its just a rebranded clarion. if it doesn't have satnav its an easy rip out and replace job. and I'd avoid the ones with satnav as that's a load of crap as well.

buyers market at the moment so shop around.

Cheers guys. Driving one has definitely sown a seed so I'm on a mission to find one! There's a couple about on forecourts, I have an £7-8k budget (a bit more come April), I'm guessing I should be able to find a decent one.