Smeary windscreen

ioneabee

• 2 weeks later...

ok - the white spirits didn't work

I'll try methelated spirits next ?? - gotta find somewhere that sells it 1st tho

White vinegar and clean off with newspaper and also give the blades a good clean with the vinegar.

I'll try methelated spirits next ?? - gotta find somewhere that sells it 1st tho

White vinegar and clean off with newspaper and also give the blades a good clean with the vinegar.

Do you eat the chips first?

Of course! You don't want chips all over your windscreen...

getmecoat.gif

• Like 1

Do you eat the chips first?

Of course! You don't want chips all over your windscreen...

getmecoat.gif

:lol:

Are they decent blades? PIAA are expensive but well worth it!

oem

just bought some white vinegar - so we will see

apply white vinegar with ????, wipe off with "un-used" chippy paper :thumbs: - got that

Are they decent blades? PIAA are expensive but well worth it!

oem

just bought some white vinegar - so we will see

apply white vinegar with ????, wipe off with "un-used" chippy paper :thumbs: - got that

Apply the vinegar with the chips :lol:

not malty enough :wacko:

After a clean I always do my windscreen with quick detailer spray and i hardly have to use the wipers the rain just beads and flies off :shrug:

I use rainx

but the problem is the smear when the wipers are used

After a clean I always do my windscreen with quick detailer spray and i hardly have to use the wipers the rain just beads and flies off :shrug:

I use rainx

I have honestly never ever cleaned my wipers and never had a smear....

I recon there is a slight imperfection on the wiper, it would wind me up too and I would just buy a new wiper...

I use rainx

I recon there is a slight imperfection on the wiper, it would wind me up too and I would just buy a new wiper...

they are new wipers - it was happening on the originals - so replaced them and still happening !!

so if this doesn't work.........I'll have no other choice but to scrap the car :dry::scare:

I use rainx

they are new wipers - it was happening on the originals - so replaced them and still happening !!

so if this doesn't work.........I'll have no other choice but to scrap the car :dry::scare:

Oh well, never liked the colour anyway :lol:

Maybe the wiper arm is bent or needs adjusting, if it is missing a bit of the windscreen no amount of cleaning is gonna make it good...

• 3 weeks later...

If the window has been polished and is free of contaminants then I'd say mechanical issue. When clean and dry, put you hand in a freezer bag and drag it over the windscreen. If it feels smooth and the same all over then wiper arms or wipers at fault. If you can feel a drag on the glass at some point likelihood is that there is still contamination on the glass

I that's the case, wash and dry it. Then use an aggressive clay and lube. Afterwards use ironx to remove any metallic contamination. Clean once again and then polish with proper glass polishing kit like www.glasspolishshop.com/windscreen_wiper_blade_scratch_polishing_kit

Clean with ipa once done.

If that doesn't work, a cracked windscreen gets replaced for 75 quid ;)

what do you mean by "mechanical issue" - wiper arm ? - 'cos those are fresh blades in there (replaced when it 1st started) - OEM ones as well

and since it both sides ..................???

Edited by ioneabee

yeah............... :blush: .......he washed it :lol:

when I said "detailer" - he washes cars (does it properly mind - wash mit and all that) - so haven't had a chance to see if there is any difference yet.......but I suspect not :dry:

I'll have a go over on detailing world as well

yeah............... :blush: .......he washed it :lol:

when I said "detailer" - he washes cars (does it properly mind - wash mit and all that) - so haven't had a chance to see if there is any difference yet.......but I suspect not :dry:

I'll have a go over on detailing world as well

As said have you clayed it? If not try claying and then IPA. If none of that try methylated spirits?