Smeary windscreen

ioneabee

what do you mean by "mechanical issue" - wiper arm ? - 'cos those are fresh blades in there (replaced when it 1st started) - OEM ones as well

and since it both sides ..................???

From the pictures it looks to be right in the centre of each wiper, is that right? If so, I suspect the wiper isn't applying equal pressure along either of the blades. If none of the above works, and easy way to eliminate this would be to remove the blade form the arm, manually drag it across the windscreen when it's wet (use it as a squeegee as such - be careful not to scratch the glass though) - also if you do it in a different direction to the usual wiper motion, and you still get smears in the same places then it's definitely the windscreen. If, however, you're left with a clear windscreen then it's got to be the arms.

Andrew, you know in Wales when I was demonstrating my new super duper cleaner and I just wiped a line across your windscreen for effect :blush:

strangely enough.................now that you mention it ........... :wacko::dry:

anyone know where to get Bar Keepers Friend - should be priced about £3 from what I can see, but its available on ebay for £25 ?????

http://bit.ly/10YKAiV

However; http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/fmcg/household-goods/bar-keepers-friend-back-to-clean-up-uk/234614.article. So it may have undergone a name change, if it is indeed "available" again yet.

anyone know where to get Bar Keepers Friend - should be priced about £3 from what I can see, but its available on ebay for £25 ?????

http://bit.ly/10YKAiV

However; http://www.thegrocer.../234614.article. So it may have undergone a name change, if it is indeed "available" again yet.

yep - had found all that and have even shot off an email to Kilrock

• 3 weeks later...

So most of you know the issues I've been having with an "unclean" windscreen and complete inability to stop the smears

this is what it looked like from the inside after sitting in a light drizzle all day - so clearly something on the windoscreen ?? !!

IMG_1541_zpsa2d3ddbb.jpg

IMG_1542_zps54c81af6.jpg

searching up from an earlier post in this thread downhuman :thumbs: pointed me to detailing world

unable to locate any "Barkeepers Friend" - discontinued :thumbdown:

went for the cerium oxide option instead and basically cr*pping myself and steeling the nerves to do it

list of products then is

10g pack of cerium oxide powder

10 x 120mm felt polishing pads

my dodo DA polisher

microfibre towels

and lots of "come on you can do this - whats the worst that can happen........................"

IMG_1543_zps0521dce1.jpg

I mixed a small amount of the Cerium Oxide powder with some water to form a slurry (quite runny - I had it more as a paste first).

I added more water as I went on - directly to the pad (but just a tiny dribble)

IMG_1545_zps205eed14.jpg

a small area first

IMG_1546_zps8dda4f19.jpg

then got a bit more adventurous

IMG_1547_zps3d54f711.jpg

as with polishing - a bit of pressure and then slowly easing off and keeping moving - not staying in one place as apparently heat on glass is not good ?

removing the residue with a damp microfibre and drying off with a clean one

repeat to rest of windscreen

IMG_1549_zps6ee7e4b8.jpg

IMG_1550_zps55d7cd17.jpg

IMG_1552_zpsa8d91cf6.jpg

IMG_1553_zpsab97cd97.jpg

IMG_1554_zps276a785a.jpg

so now we wait and see - time will tell

• Like 1

• 3 months later...