Washing car when cold - not best idea

ewan221

Well after my trip down south car was pretty mucky so went to wash it today. Its just over freezing here today

Maybe not my brightest idea :surrender: :surrender:

I think I should of gave up when the water from first rinse was turning to ice on the car but no - went on to use snow foam that promptly froze up

So thought I may as well finish. After rinsing of the frozen snow foam the driveway was like a skating rink and fell on my arse twice shampooing the car :rant: and rinising this off made ot all quite a bit worse.

Now having to go and get some salt to sort out drive

But at least Zed is nice and clean :lol: :lol:

Was nice in N Wales today

Is that possible? :teeth:

I rented a Toyota Avensis about 10 years ago (I think that was the model anyway) and drove to Wales, it was a perfectly fine day but the sat nav told me to leave the motorway just before the bridge "to avoid bad weather", I can only assume someone programmed that in for a laugh. :lol:

Glad to see im not the only one making this mistake. I tried washing my car Sunday morning and it was a nightmare trying to first rinse the car, then trying to dry it. In the end I gave up on it. Also got some strange looks from my neighbours as i was in my shorts & t-shirt and it was like -2 or something. :lol:

I was at HaydnH's parents last week (thanks HaydnH!) to do a car from them and it was -4 when I arrived.

Turned the tap on the drive before I went down to say hello, and nothing came out (as you'd expect!)

Got hold of 2 really hot buckets of water, 1 to pour over the Kranzle as the piston likes to freeze solid when its that cold and one for the outside tap. The pressure washer free'd up but the tap was still frozen. I had to hold the bare copper pipe til the water flowed and that was no fun I can tell you.

After that the temp hovered at 0-1 and got the job done.

When I finished I had to sit on the Aga to get some feelings back in my hands....too cold