UPREV..what options are available

Dicky

Thanks for the reply Mark. I'll be watching this thread like a hawk in order to see where the tuners are to be located up North.

I am a definite for having my Zed uprevved & would certainly much rather that you were involved in this Mark so please do keep me in the loop mate.

Cheers

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

If you could convince ECC to be a satellite for you they'd have exclusivity over the whole of Ireland and they are very experienced tuners, currently selling £60k 1200+bhp packages for the R35 but i believe they currently piggyback or replace ECUs, however it works.

Edit: ECC= East Coast Customs.

Edited by KyleR

Sorry for the slow updates on this subject

We have 2 sub dealers set up , 1 is trained up and ready to go the other is just waiting for training.

We have appointed TDI North as our sub dealer for the central area of the UK.

Paul has been around Jap cars for a long time and has easily been a tuner that we have wanted to work with.

Contact details

web site addy www.tdi-north.com

email Info@tdi-north.com

Phone number 0800 0196055

Paul will be offering everything Abbey offers re Uprev tuning and staged tuning packages.

Uprev remaps will be the same cost with Paul £402-00 inc vat for a NA tune.

Our Irish dealer will be revealed later on this week.

We are currently in discussion with a dealer north of the UK boarder as well.

Exciting times for Abbey and our Sub dealers.

• Like 1

We have 2 sub dealers set up , 1 is trained up and ready to go the other is just waiting for training.

Paul has been around Jap cars for a long time and has easily been a tuner that we have wanted to work with.

Contact details

email Info@tdi-north.com

Paul will be offering everything Abbey offers re Uprev tuning and staged tuning packages.

Really interested in this option- but recent experience with a Bluefin on my BMW 520D has soured my confidence- the Dual Mass Flywheel central bearing shattered then the whole engine ate itself when the timing chain jumped the car also needed a replacement inlet manifold as the old one had loosened its swirl flaps and was clogged with unburnt fuel- can't say it was definitely the upgrade from 350Nm to 450Nm that caused it but.....

Having seen the 350Z supercharged to silly bhp I am right in assuming that my 2004 276bhp will have the strength to deal with an Uprev- especially as i'm using it mainly for trackdays and it will sit at 6000rpm for most of its life?

Contact details

email Info@tdi-north.com

Really interested in this option- but recent experience with a Bluefin on my BMW 520D has soured my confidence- the Dual Mass Flywheel central bearing shattered then the whole engine ate itself when the timing chain jumped the car also needed a replacement inlet manifold as the old one had loosened its swirl flaps and was clogged with unburnt fuel- can't say it was definitely the upgrade from 350Nm to 450Nm that caused it but.....

Having seen the 350Z supercharged to silly bhp I am right in assuming that my 2004 276bhp will have the strength to deal with an Uprev- especially as i'm using it mainly for trackdays and it will sit at 6000rpm for most of its life?

The DE motor is fine for track work we have no worries for you to run the car on the track, I imagine the BMW was just unlucky after the remap how many miles had the BMW done?

Hey Mark.....

do I get a discount for kicking this thread off?

If not do you do cheap rates for pensioners

(Shy bairns get nowt you know) ha ha

free coffee and toast how about that?

I'm guessing that includes Marmite. :thumbs:

Contact details

email Info@tdi-north.com

The DE motor is fine for track work we have no worries for you to run the car on the track, I imagine the BMW was just unlucky after the remap how many miles had the BMW done?

BMW was Bluefinned at 60k - DMF failed within 10k and engine died at 100k- problem was most of the miles were M6 and M74 totally cruising!

I take it the DE is good for approx 15hp increase with basic Uprev- is this a physical chip or is it remapped via the OBD? Plus what tweaks can be made when on the RR?

Contact details

email Info@tdi-north.com

BMW was Bluefinned at 60k - DMF failed within 10k and engine died at 100k- problem was most of the miles were M6 and M74 totally cruising!

I take it the DE is good for approx 15hp increase with basic Uprev- is this a physical chip or is it remapped via the OBD? Plus what tweaks can be made when on the RR?

Generally 10+ bhp is gained from a remap with UPREV the best gain is the more responsive throttle response in the lower 3 gears.We run the stock DE over 400 hub bhp with carefully tuning, We tune via the OBD port.

any questions ask away

The 1st 3 gears are limited , the limit is in throttle response not opening %, i.e the butterfly response is slower in the lower 3 gears than in the upper 3 gears.

UK DE cars (276bhp) cant have multi maps due to lack of space in the Eprom fitted in the ECU ( something to do with alarm immobilizer issues)

Every other car if it has cruise added can have multi maps.

Have a look around the Abbey threads everything is explained there.

any questions thou PM or email me mark@abbeymotorsport.co.uk

I have never seem to be able to get to the bottom of whether you can "turn on" the cruise function of Jdm's so long as you have the rest of the gubbins, is it possible Mark?

Hey Mark.....

do I get a discount for kicking this thread off?

If not do you do cheap rates for pensioners

(Shy bairns get nowt you know) ha ha

free coffee and toast how about that?

Coffee nd toast sounds good (suppose a loose woman's out of the question?)

• 1 month later...

The 1st 3 gears are limited , the limit is in throttle response not opening %, i.e the butterfly response is slower in the lower 3 gears than in the upper 3 gears.

UK DE cars (276bhp) cant have multi maps due to lack of space in the Eprom fitted in the ECU ( something to do with alarm immobilizer issues)

Every other car if it has cruise added can have multi maps.

Have a look around the Abbey threads everything is explained there.

any questions thou PM or email me mark@abbeymotorsport.co.uk

I have never seem to be able to get to the bottom of whether you can "turn on" the cruise function of Jdm's so long as you have the rest of the gubbins, is it possible Mark?

Just need the switch set up for the stock steering wheel then with a remap we can make the cruise work.

• 1 month later...

not yet , still speaking to a few different possible dealers.

Keep us posted on the Scottish dealers please Mark. I have an HR 350 with berks HFC's and takeda induction so guessing one of your standard cable plug and plays wouldn't really suit?

Hey Mark,

I was down at Tdi North the other day but i forgot to ask the guy about the different maps, I heard you can get different maps through cruise control, but what if you dont have...would it be possible to just get the cruise control buttons and work it from there? Or issit it possible to wire it up to some sort of controller? Also are the different maps just throttle output like a throttle controller or is it actually mapped for performance, eco etc? Sorry if this has been asked before but i cant find any info on it.

I have an 05 V35 Skyline 350gt, VQ35DE Rev Up, Manual.

thanks

Saskhi

You need to get the correct cruise switches for you car. UK and JDM are different.

We can flash a cruise map to the ECU.

with regards multi maps for extra cost you can have multi maps , I dont normally tune for extra economy as I am worried someone will drive the car hard on a economy map and cause engine damage.

But we can play with maps for throttle response/ unleaded maps etc etc.

Mark