UPREV..what options are available

Dicky

I've got a 2004 de engine and was wondering what you can you ask for in the way of tuning options or is the UPREV a set package.

Typically I've read you can have..

Limits removed from 1st, 2nd, & 3rd

Max speed limit removed

Tune to run lean ( to ensure good mpg)

Can you make the map selectable to say keep the original settings then flip a switch for the UPREV settings.

Any others you know of

You can have multi maps I think but I could be wrong. You don't run lean you just lean out the map if running rich. There isn't actually any limits In 1-3 but you can ask for how sensitive the throttle is.

Cheers young man. I thought I had read somewhere on the forum that only the upgrade cars could have selectable mapping from the controlled by the stability control switch ?

The 1st 3 gears are limited , the limit is in throttle response not opening %, i.e the butterfly response is slower in the lower 3 gears than in the upper 3 gears.

UK DE cars (276bhp) cant have multi maps due to lack of space in the Eprom fitted in the ECU ( something to do with alarm immobilizer issues)

Every other car if it has cruise added can have multi maps.

Have a look around the Abbey threads everything is explained there.

any questions thou PM or email me mark@abbeymotorsport.co.uk

The 1st 3 gears are limited , the limit is in throttle response not opening %, i.e the butterfly response is slower in the lower 3 gears than in the upper 3 gears.

UK DE cars (276bhp) cant have multi maps due to lack of space in the Eprom fitted in the ECU ( something to do with alarm immobilizer issues)

Every other car if it has cruise added can have multi maps.

Have a look around the Abbey threads everything is explained there.

any questions thou PM or email me mark@abbeymotorsport.co.uk

Thanks Mark, I only wish I lived closer to Abbey. Reading feedback from satisfied customers and the useful feedback from your company always inspires confidence and demonstrates a professional company.

Any chance you could move up to Newcastle please ?😉

• Like 1

I do travel with my laptop.......

Unfortunately the exchange rate between southern pounds and Geordie pounds isn't very favourable. It's probably cheaper for me to do a 1000 ml round trip and stay overnight rather than have a very expensive engineer do the same. Also I don't think you southern softies could handle the women up here. Cos if you happened to go to the "Toon" for a bevy while your here and they found out your a well endowed

(financially speaking) southerner with loads of dosh (as we poor people up here know you all have) they'll be after your body faster than you can say .....UPREV .

Now lets face it......who would want to endure all that for the sake of tuning my car?

Unfortunately the exchange rate between southern pounds and Geordie pounds isn't very favourable. It's probably cheaper for me to do a 1000 ml round trip and stay overnight rather than have a very expensive engineer do the same. Also I don't think you southern softies could handle the women up here. Cos if you happened to go to the "Toon" for a bevy while your here and they found out your a well endowed

(financially speaking) southerner with loads of dosh (as we poor people up here know you all have) they'll be after your body faster than you can say .....UPREV .

Now lets face it......who would want to endure all that for the sake of tuning my car?

It has fallen flat before but a group buy could maybe be arranged?

A group buy for a Northern upRev of a group buy of Geordie lasses to come down south :lol:

A group buy for a Northern upRev of a group buy of Geordie lasses to come down south :lol:

Why not both? We can get our fluids swapped whilst we wait :lol:

Too far?

• Like 1

Newcastle would be fine for me but Scotland would be fine too.

Would you need the use of a dyno?

Yeah, I thought a rolling road was essential so how would that work. Higher a local facility ?

Can't spull either I see ha ha. Must of been thinking of lifting the car up onto the dyno