Unimpressed with Tesco!!

Stretch

I am sick to death with my local Tescos inability to provide a reliable supply of super unleaded petrol. Today I arrived at their filling station to again be met by all the momentum 99 pumps closed off. How difficult is it to organise a constant supply of fuel!!? I run a warehouse for the NHS with hundreds of product lines, many of which are dependant to facilitate hospital discharge, subsequently I can't afford to reach an out of stock situation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to the uneducated eye, all the product lines Tesco filling stations have to concern themselves with is two lines of petrol and two lines of diesel. That's a grand total of four product lines, surely it's not too much to ask to keep on top of such a limited range. Not that long ago, June/ July if I remember correctly, they were without super unleaded fuel for over five weeks as there was a problem with the pumps. I have to organise a contactor to repair essential medical equipment on the same day it breaks down, which I do without fail. And they say the public sector couldn't cut it in the private world, I beg to differ.

Don't go there then?

If other outlets weren't so extortionate I wouldn't!

But if they annoy you so much, and never have the product you need, then surely shopping elsewhere would be the best choice? No?

You've only had to drive somewhere else costing you more money in fuel, so you might as well drive there in the first place ;)

I noticed this in my local about 2 months ago - they were without 99 for about 3 weeks - in the end I rang their central office (as the store apparently does not control supply - its done remotely) - fuel was there the next day :shrug:

How does a fuel pump equate with say a dialysis machine :shrug:

Moot argument anyway private sector makes money, public sector spends it :lol:

It doesn't equate it was just a point. It should nave been fixed promptly surely that is obvious. As you say the private sector exists by making a profit, the petrol pump is there to do so and having it unusable loses money.

How does a fuel pump equate with say a dialysis machine :shrug:

Moot argument anyway private sector makes money, public sector spends it :lol:

It doesn't equate it was just a point. It should nave been fixed promptly surely that is obvious. As you say the private sector exists by making a profit, the petrol pump is there to do so and having it unusable loses money.

Maybe try like the above phone them up and nudge them to get it in. If you dont ask you dont get sometimes.

in my area, tesco is cheapest, shell is a penny more and BP is 4p more. and my favourite is BP, its lower ron of 97 and the most expensive, yet for some reason i like to put it in. most of the time i use tesco, and occasionally i use shell.

i go where the fuel is. no brand loyalty.

if you do the maths its not a big difference. 1p more over 70 litres is 70p extra on a tank of fuel. if its 2p difference then its. £1.40 if its 3p difference is £2.10. thats like a pint of shandy.

maybe have just one less babysham down the pub that week.

Exactly lol When I was lookin' for a Zed, people were like.... ooooh super unleaded only?! That'll cost a fortune.. its not the petrol price itself... its just the regularity you have to put it in that costs you lol :lol:

Edited by AMT250

in my area, tesco is cheapest, shell is a penny more and BP is 4p more. and my favourite is BP, its lower ron of 97 and the most expensive, yet for some reason i like to put it in. most of the time i use tesco, and occasionally i use shell.

i go where the fuel is. no brand loyalty.

if you do the maths its not a big difference. 1p more over 70 litres is 70p extra on a tank of fuel. if its 2p difference then its. £1.40 if its 3p difference is £2.10. thats like a pint of shandy.

maybe have just one less babysham down the pub that week.

Why do you prefer BP? Its the same stuff in Sainsburys super but at 10p less here usually.