atkin666 build thread (update 15/7//2013) new pictures

Chris AME

Polished front Engine cover

May I ask was that in situ and how did you do it?

Ask that as there was some discussion at the recent Grasshopper meet about the best way to do that.

And yes, your car is coming along very nicely B)

Ask that as there was some discussion at the recent Grasshopper meet about the best way to do that.

In situ just removed the jdm cover and the hoses out of the way, would be easier if everything was removed I think but just required plenty of elbow grease ;-)

In situ just removed the jdm cover and the hoses out of the way, would be easier if everything was removed I think but just required plenty of elbow grease ;-)

A little more than elbow grease though........................? :wink: Dremel/hand tools/emery/metal polish etc?

A little more than elbow grease though........................? :wink: Dremel/hand tools/emery/metal polish etc?

I did mine all by hand as my dremel is missing, I just did the usual finer and finer grades of sandpaper then megs metal polish

You would need to take the engine out to get the front timing cover off, but as said polished in the bay is the only other way. What makes it a ballache is the fact you've got to lean over the bumper which can cause quite a few aches and pains.

Anything that can be removed you get a far better finish, example below. But in place I'll use a mix of dremmel and drill with varying mops and compounds.

2D1A646D-7942-4228-B6E1-B0DC05EECD70-594-0000003E7DD87124.jpg

So from Atkins efforts I'd say pretty good, its just so time consuming, messy, and full of aches and pains.

I did mine all by hand as my dremel is missing, I just did the usual finer and finer grades of sandpaper then megs metal polish

Thanks Chris - seeing your Coworth plenum you will have to do that next - see the one installed on Darren's car, with spit and polish by Wasso

P1020638_zps3f4abff7.jpg

Thanks Chris - seeing your Coworth plenum you will have to do that next - see the one installed on Darren's car, with spit and polish by Wasso

P1020638_zps3f4abff7.jpg

That looks absolutely epic :) it is high on my list of things to do now

• 2 months later...

B) Looking good!

How about the Berk intake with the black couplers? :D

How about the roof vinyl wrapped in gloss black?

Shouldn't you be racing today?

I thought I saw you driving Felipe Massa's car earlier?

Anyone else think they look alike or could be one and the same?

:wacko:

B) Looking good!

How about the Berk intake with the black couplers? :D

How about the roof vinyl wrapped in gloss black?

Shouldn't you be racing today?

I thought I saw you driving Felipe Massa's car earlier?

Anyone else think they look alike or could be one and the same?

:wacko:

Relieved of all press duties early today

• Like 1

Looking good, the skirts look better now they've got the lip to compliment. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh to see the colour properly.

This carbon fibre intake tube could work with the black arc: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/64231-350z-carbon-fibre-intake-tube-kit-in-stock/

Definitely considering that one and we shall have to sort a mini meet out