"uh oh".... egg smell..

AMT

Hmm, knew everything was going a bit...'swimmingly'. Ok so smelled it once before, but then smelled it again this morning, its not always there as was out in it yesterday and it didn't materialise. (tried search but it won't let me search for it?? lol). Egg smell.... Looked up, and apparently this can be a number of things? The Cat...fuel injection? ... or a heating element thing. I've had my heated seats and heater on the last few days but can't mind if its been there without them on.

Any help appreciated!... grrr. lol

Now that you mention it, it has been in the mornings, but I didn't smell it on the way to work, then I parked up and 10mins later went back out to show a work m8 the 'new breif' and started it up and smelled it? Is it normal then just first thing? What is it? lol

I'll keep an eye...or nose about it, see when it arises and what im using at the time... ill update back. Any suggestions let me know though. surely not the Cat though... its 58' on 16000miles, and ive had it looked at underneath, right enough might not be able to detect that but meh...

Edited by AMT250

I know I've only started driving it for the last 3 days but would it be anything to do with more regular use now its in my hands? lol the thing only did about 5K a year with the previous owner, but it'll be out every day now. 30 mile round trip at least 5 days a week for work.

I would not worry, my Zed did the same for a month or so when I got it. I think it was because it had not been used for a long time. My boss even phoned me going down the M4 one day to say "You stink" as he was driving behind me :lol:

Spoke to a few now and my lack of mechanical knowledge showing through lol. Yes your right its fairly normal, especially apparently on a cold start, just the Cats doing their job basically. apparently even new cars can do it. I worry ... its just a charactaristic (did i spell that right?) lol. Through time it should go away also apparently. As I said its not all the time, just the odd occasion. Anyway worry over, thanks for the replies! lol :blush: