thetranquilbass - Temper Orange HR - Exterior Modifications (final pics pg8)

thetranquilbass

Picked up a Chargespeed front lip off ebay a while back and am getting it fitted tomorrow. The item was damaged with a big split in the middle along with various scrapes so picked up relatively cheaply. Have had a local bodyshop repair the lip and have decided to have it colour coded. Link to the original ebay listing is below and will post up pictures of the end result.

http://www.ebay.co.u...54800105&_rdc=1

Edited by thetranquilbass

Didn't quite go as smoothly as hoped and will have to go back next weekend to get some minor repairs done, as the bit the wraps around into the wheel arch cracked on both sides when trying to fit. Despite this am happy with end result as know I'll get the wee bits sorted next week and was only charged £80 for the work. The paint match is surprisingly good given that it was done with paint code only.

Few pics of it as is now:

DSCN0650_ed.jpgDSCN0648_ed.jpgDSCN0649_ed.jpg

Not sure tbh, am in two minds as to what I would like to do but my current thoughts are as follows.

Option 1: Aerokit spec r2 side steps, as Buster kindly pointed out above, and Chargespeed rear end (most likely Taras replica)

or

Option 2: Nismo V3 front bumper and sides along with the Chargespeed rear

I still have to reach an ultimate decision on whether am going to fully go down this route as the Z has been my first foray into car modding

Okay so quick update, and not one for making snap judgements, have decided to go with Option 1 above, have ordered myself up a set of the Aerokit Spec-R2 side skirts (thanks again Buster for the link) which are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. My aim once again will be to have these colour coded, and if the bodyshop is amendable I may see if i can get these fitted this week also. As always pics will follow. Rear bumper will follow next year

With a colour like temper orange subtle mods will look great. Looking forward to seeing it done

Buster I bet your kicking yourself for not having a unique mod. I know I regretted telling Jay which side skirts I had :lol:

With a colour like temper orange subtle mods will look great. Looking forward to seeing it done

Buster I bet your kicking yourself for not having a unique mod. I know I regretted telling Jay which side skirts I had :lol:

:p:lol:

Received the Aerokit side steps on Tuesday and will be trial fitted on Saturday this week whilst getting the minor repairs done to the front lip, the side steps will then be painted next week and fitted next Saturday. All I need to do then is scrape the money together to get the rear bumper which hopefully I should be able to achieve by the end of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd share a quick update, the aeroskirts have been painted up and are looking good, just need to find a suitable date to get them fitted. Was hoping that this would be Sat 1st Dec although have just completed my order with RT Performance for the chargespeed rear bumper and diffuser so that may get pushed back a little further until they are ready to fit also unless the bodyshop can squeeze spraying them in between now and then.