Private Plates...

dunker

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still gobsmaked by yours Tim, especially in Derbyshire.

Ive been pulled for both mine and Tracys before now, and they are both legal font with a very slight spacing on the characters (and by slight I mean you litteraly need a ruler to figure out its not perfectly legal).

Last time, I got a £30 fine while out to pick up some £15 insect repelent that was confiscated in Chicago Ohare airport anyway. Brilliant. Could have saved £45 and stayed in that afternoon. (/rant over)

with my name being DONNY i wanted D*0 NNY (* being any random number) but at £4.5k it was out of the question so i had a good think about it and bought D 20 NNV for a tenth of the price, and with a slight modification to the bottom of the V its just the job! :teeth:

Aye you cant beat a black no. plate bolt :teeth:

"sorry officer but a random piece of black sticky tape must have jumped off the road and attached itself to my number plate! i will remove it immediately.. oh look its happenened on the front one too" :blush:

that reminds me of a what happenened last summer when me and a group of mates went for a drive to blackpool and we fancied a wander around but we couldnt get parked anywhere, so we parked illegally :blush:

when we got back every car had a ticket on but the dozy warden misread my plate and did a ticket for a different mark than was registered to my car :yahoo: the lads were gutted with their 30 quid fines haha

Think they are a smashing idea.. If nothing else, it stops all the car age snobbery that people have..

My private plate doesnt actually mean anything to me, but it does keep everyone who knows me guessing to what it stands for!

I private plate all my cars, and if you time it right with the DVLA who realese around October to can get a set for under 2 grand for both.

i have

E1 and E2 with my second name.

Beware of the DVLA auctions as i won a bid at £3500 and finished paying just under £5000 with buyers Premium, costs and tax for the plate on my Z

I got N11 XYD last year and originally put it on the car as N11XY D (my surname begins with a D). I ended up feeling so self conscious that I took the plates off and got new ones correctly spaced. That's typical of me though - no bottle! I've still got both sets! I couldn't get N1XY D

Paid the same for mine! Quite a saving on the £12k that N15SAN went for! B)

I took the Nissan badges off to hide the fact its a Nissan...

Your just bloody barkin mad,,, only jokin mate very nice B)

Well he does work for Nissan Liam ;)

Cheers! :thumbs:

And what about Sarnie's "U"? That looks tampered with.... :dry:

I haven't tampered with the U at all mate.

My plate is

L14 MUE

I just spaced it diferently

L14M UE

:teeth:

Cool. Just thought the U looked dodgy in your pic.