Private Plates...

dunker

Cheers! :thumbs:

And what about Sarnie's "U"? That looks tampered with.... :dry:

I haven't tampered with the U at all mate.

My plate is

L14 MUE

I just spaced it diferently

L14M UE

:teeth:

Cool. Just thought the U looked dodgy in your pic.

Ah I can see what you mean now. There is a black bolt cap stuck on the U. Thats because I had one under the 4 to make it look more like an A and needed another one to make it look like I had two bolts in the plate :wacko:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought my BO05 TEF and jiggered the spacing for BO0 5TEF as my name is Stef ! cheap enough at £700 all in from DVLA.

Saw a TVR Cerbera with almost identical BO05T EM - Nice !

my fave was on an old beemer in our village KNO88Y (KNOBBY)

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers mate, yeh dad works really hard so he treats me my brother and sister now and again, He picked it up from Project Khan 2 months ago. My mum picked hers up from there too last january. They do awesome cars. Really nice inside too its Brabus tuned, Brabus body kit, 6litre monster :thumbs: But mums is quicker lol, shes a speed freak

At the risk of being linched heres my take on the topic. When I see private plates I always think one of two things;

1 There to hide the age of the car cos your bothered what the neighbours think

2 There to bolster the owner’s perception that it makes the car and hence the driver look cool, ie your sad person

However the real sad thing is, in quite a lot of cases, the letters/numbers only mean something to the owner. To the rest of the world there just a set of letters and numbers. A guy in the street has ----TOM. Well I guess his names TOM then, big deal??

Ok, you could argue its fun, but when these things cost £00 and quite often £000 it all seems such a waste to me. If it enhanced the look or performance then I would agree.

:thumbdown:

At the risk of being linched heres my take on the topic. When I see private plates I always think one of two things;

2 There to bolster the owner’s perception that it makes the car and hence the driver look cool, ie your sad person

However the real sad thing is, in quite a lot of cases, the letters/numbers only mean something to the owner. To the rest of the world there just a set of letters and numbers. A guy in the street has ----TOM. Well I guess his names TOM then, big deal??

Ok, you could argue its fun, but when these things cost £00 and quite often £000 it all seems such a waste to me. If it enhanced the look or performance then I would agree.

Be careful mate, they can mean more.

My Nan left me just £250 that she'd saved for me when she died. I bought the plate to remember her. :)

And 90% of people at work said the Zed looked better when I'd transferred it from my old car, for what it's worth.

Cheers mate, yeh dad works really hard so he treats me my brother and sister now and again, He picked it up from Project Khan 2 months ago. My mum picked hers up from there too last january. They do awesome cars. Really nice inside too its Brabus tuned, Brabus body kit, 6litre monster :thumbs: But mums is quicker lol, shes a speed freak

This months TG mag has a good write up as it does whistle stop tours of the German tuners. Worth a read!

Sounds like the family spends it's money well!! :D

My Nan left me just £250 that she'd saved for me when she died. I bought the plate to remember her. :)

And 90% of people at work said the Zed looked better when I'd transferred it from my old car, for what it's worth.

Very good point H5 :thumbs: plus really nice thing you done there too.

:thumbs:

IMO Nothing wrong with private plates for whatever reason. If I buy prada shoes over clarks its a personal preference. We all make similar choices whether its on private plates or on the colour to paint our walls. It s a personal not a sad issue. And if we work hard why not spend in such delights. Its what makes us individuals which is what we strive for in a competative society either to get noticed or in H5 case sentimental.

And individuality is important in a postmodenistic world. its what makes you...you

Mine is C18 ENG, had it for about 6yrs.

And what is it supposed to say? :blush:

Initially it's meant 2 b my surmane 'CHENG' but coinicidentally it also stands for 'combat 18, england' not something i'm proud of, oh well.

Only found out by many strangers telling me as i get out the car, supposedly worth a few bob too.

Mine is C18 ENG, had it for about 6yrs.

And what is it supposed to say? :blush:

Initially it's meant 2 b my surmane 'CHENG' but coinicidentally it also stands for 'combat 18, england' not something i'm proud of, oh well.

Only found out by many strangers telling me as i get out the car, supposedly worth a few bob too.

:scare: Get shot of it mate!!

Didn’t consider sentimental reasons. Yep, I can see that’s something I might do in similar circumstances. Sorry about your gran young man

:blush:

Mine is D10 VEW (D10VE W), not the best but with a common name like dave, it would cost into the hundreds of thousands to get a decent one! last time i heard of D4VE W being sold it was about 90k iirc!! :scare:

besides only takes a play with the spacing and some creative bolt placement and its all good!

Didn’t consider sentimental reasons. Yep, I can see that’s something I might do in similar circumstances. Sorry about your gran young man

:blush:

It was years ago mate, so I seriously wasn't playing the guilt card! Just putting across another view. Just happened to be my way of dealing with it, and mixing it with cars! :D

Think "sad" is a bit extreme, you could argue that people who buy bling for under their bonnet are sad too then, these can cost £00 and £000 but know one sees it at all....unless your bonnets fell off or the car is at a show. Just my 2p's worth.

A plate you can keep for the rest of your life and it fits on every car. Don't think it's an age thing or a persona thing... just one of life's many choices. A little story, my father in law is a taxi driver and has a taxi related number plate. Punters love it and it sure as hell beats "are you busy tonight then".

:yawn: I take it you dont have a plate then Dicky :teeth: