car cover

wizurd

hi

just wondered does anyone use one and/or can recommend one. Basically want it for outdoors use so it's got to be able to withstand our crappy British winters. ideal something fitted would be nice but just a generic one would be fine. Don't wanna blow the bank I guess lol

I have a tailored fit cover which I was given with the car and I think it may be a Nissan one.

It has a Z on the front.

I have not noticed any swirl marks or scratches caused by it's use and it is certainly better than having all the dust, bird crap and other environmental fallout over it.

As a few others have said its the wind that's problem causing the covers to move on the car. I live close to coast and it gets very , very windy in the winter so even the fitted covers were causing minor scratches and swirls.

I would also avoid Hamilton Classics covers while they are certainly good quality and get good reviews in magazines they are not actually a tailored fit and wind gets under very easily

car covers are fine as long as you clean the car everytime before you fit it. otherwise the wind moves the cover over the dirt thats on the car causing swirls

you're better off cleaning the car and protecting it with decent wax, and then wiping the odd bird doo doo off as soon as you see it

cheers rt will keep that in mind. as for bird doo doo lol what should you use to gt that off? I've got some autoglym bird doodoo wipes lol

as soon as i spot a bird bomb on the ar, i soak some kitchen towel in water. lay it over the BP and leave it for 10 min. come back and gently wipe.

basically the watered paper rehydrates the poop making it easy to wipe off.

cheers rt will keep that in mind. as for bird doo doo lol what should you use to gt that off? I've got some autoglym bird doodoo wipes lol

I used those when I had them (as they were free I thought I might as well try them out :lol: ), since running out of them I just used a QD and microfiber.

There is also the view that a fitted cover is not ideal because you don't want the cover to flap about but you also want air to be able to circulate under the cover .Helps the condensation shift quicker through the breathable cover .