beware of crashing on the motorway ££££

rtbiscuit

why bother paying road tax if we're then getting a 2nd bill on top. have the government actually thought of using our road tax to fix the roads. or is that to simple.

why bother calling it a road tax, they might as well call it car privelige tax, or tax because we can,

I'm not sure of the correct figures and would search but I'm at Alton Towers enjoying a few drinks ready for a day of mayhem. Anyway, isn't there a figure that states a huge percentage of our roads are unsafe, or in some cases dangerous. So on that basis shouldn't we charge for risking our lives on 'their' or 'contracted' roads.

With taxation, fuel tax and tax on tax the government and their ideas fookin suck!!!

I've so had it with this country, Doogy did the RIGHT thing and fook off from this crumbling royal piece of sh!te.

I'll try and enjoy my last song with a tall blonde singing her heart out (entertainer for the evening).

Gonna get another drink! :drunk:

Can anyone tell me how the French have fantastic roads and why we don't adopt the same system?

Hungary has superb roads too. And their road tax is technically Zero. Oh and council tax is £60 a year.

The reason our country is nothing like Europe is because of our crooked government and tax reaping monarchy.

I'm so mad!!!! :rant:

To top the lot our weather is crap too! :thumbdown:

Can anyone tell me how the French have fantastic roads and why we don't adopt the same system?

+1 There is no road or tyre noise on their motorways :thumbs:

longer distances to travel, less road traffic volume per mile of road on average, compared to the UK.

I do think a toll system should come in on the roads like the french.

This is a non-story. This is what your insurance is for, they will catch any bill for roadside damage.

Tbh I'm glad that the HA do charge for damage caused, else it would come out of the pocket of every taxpayer who can manage not to drive into static objects on a daily basis.

With regards to foreign roads being better than ours, they are but they also have a vastly reduced amount of vehicles using them so any wear and tear is much less than what our roads see. If we want better roads, we either need to reduce the amount of vehicles by half or pay more for the privilege. Trouble is, the easiest way to do that is with tolls but mention that and people are up in arms about the idea.

+1 There is no road or tyre noise on their motorways :thumbs:

longer distances to travel, less road traffic volume per mile of road on average, compared to the UK.

I do think a toll system should come in on the roads like the french.

I would welcome this if they decided to lower car tax.