Gym workout, reviews on pre and post workout

ddcboyle

People that say that steroids are cheating generally have ever used them or fully understand what they do.

Steroids are not cheating but merely a different way of training.

This is the reason they have natural competitions and then the likes of me Olympia.

The wall will be when I stop getting stronger and stop getting bigger.

That is very true, i would only use Steroids when im about to hit my peak to really push myself beyond it.

But as you say, you have to train harder and more intensely with a very strict diet to maximise the use out of it otherwise when you cycle off, it pretty much all falls off.

I've seen quite a few ppl think that dosing high amounts and going to the gym like they used to before cycling will be fine, they look great after 4 weeks, but it happens to be all water retention and they cycle off far to early and it just drops off them.

I'm currently just trying to shed body fat at the moment while doing my best to maintain muscle size and strength, it's gonna be hard but consistantly been dropping about a kilo of fat a week for the last 3 weeks with my diet and training. And haven't lost strength, in fact, strength has been increasing, so i'm all happy, all natural too.

Edited by Drayvn

• 3 weeks later...

Ive just got back from the gym after trying "ON Essential AMIN.O. ENERGY"

I was a bit apprehensive about trying it since ive never heard of it before, but it was 16pound from GNC (using GNC gold card) and thought, cant go wrong for 16quid.

After reading the back it said 3 seperate scoop levels, "2, 4 or 6" which, for a small tub of 270g, thats a hell of alot of scoops. So i went for 3 scoops.

Name: ON AMIN.O. ENERGY

Cost (i dont shop around): £16 GNC deal

Flavour: Fruit Fusion

Taste: Softest powder ever, its like talcom powder and disolves instantly. Cant taste any granuils. Tastes good, definetly the right choice of flavour, enough to taste nice and enough to finish the bottle.

Impact on body: Instant energy, it works the same as NO xplode, It comes and goes with the energy though. First 10minutes i had massive energy rush, calmed down a bit, but then build up and kept me going. For the hour i was there, i didnt feel lethargic and genuinly wanted to keep pushing more and more, only muscles holding me back.

Rating: 4/5, only because ive just started, ill see how it goes after a few weeks

Length of usage: day1

• 4 months later...

My progress so far.

Now back using bsn syntha 6, PHD Synergy iso-7 and kinetica pure whey. Training 5-7 days a week with at least two days rest a fortnight due to doing MMA training also.

Bicep curls 34kg-36kg dumbells depending on rep count. usually 7-9reps for 4 sets.

Bicep Hammer curls - 44kg dumbells

Tricep pulldown extension on cables/angled bar 55kg 6-8reps 4 sets

Close grip bench press 90kg barbell

Incline bench 60degree 42kg dumbelss

incline bench 45 degree 44kg dumbells

Incline bench 30 degree 44kg dumbells

Incline fly press 26kg

decline fly press 24kg

leg press 300kg

Squats (full) 100kg

lat pull down (Wide grip)150kg

lat pull down (close grip) (V-handle from row)100kg

back press 160kg total

wide grip pullups sets of 10(body weight- 95kg)

bent over row 80-100kg

Shoulder press 36kg dumbells

front raises 26kg dumbells

upward wide raise 26kg

upright row 55kg bar

shrugs 55kg dumbells or 70kg a side on shoulder press- standing on seat.

These are all rough figures and do vary depending on mood, eating habits, energy etc.

Hows everybody doing?

Hey, i've change my training routine and diet now.

I'm currently around 24% bodyfat and i wanna try and get this down to about 12% which i think is maintainable as i still love food lol

I've gone for low reps high weights but also sticking high intensity training in every other day.

So at the moment i'm doing 3 days of weights with 2 days of cardio and 1 extra day of cardio/weight training with 1 day of rest a week.

Increased my meal routine to 6 times a day with meat/fish included with every one, while carb consumption is only at breakfast and post workout training meal. But every meal has veg as well as a variety of seeds and nuts and other bits and pieces to help get through each meal lol

Oh and lots of eggs!

I have recently started a training regime recently. I've only been going about 3 months. Alternate days of Cardio and Weights, but I have started out pretty light to try 'condition' myself somewhat.

My diet has been fairly good these past few months, I went from 13st 3lbs to 11st 11lbs in about 5 weeks and since have gained a little (maybe now 12st but hopefully this is good weight as im still eating well)

I'd like to ask a couple of questions to you guys in the know. I am trying to get lean but also gain some size, I have pretty skinny arms to start with and would like to get them bigger but not big as in they look chubby and flabby. lol.

What do you recommend supplement wise? I do find I often lack energy in the gym when doing weights, I am certainly more at home running long distances than I am doing short bursts of weight lifting. So I need something that fills me with energy to properly attack the weights to get the best benefits? I've tried all the Maxi Muscle stuff, (Promax, Bars, Therobol etc)

If anyone can give me a suppliment guide for my day to day that would be great. I generally have the food side down already.

Thanks

P.S NeilP In your pic you looked massive after 10 weeks, how you looking now, must be signed up for the new Hulk film by now?

Get jack3d. It's crazy stuff!

I done my usual weights training and managed to crack out a 10k in under 50minutes, and walked out as if I hadn't even been to the gym.

As has been said to me "If it works, it's illegal"

Not strictly true. Supply is illegal, personal use is not. Lol

As a relatively older member and years of being in and out of training and if everyone is being truly honest. If you're in competition at high levels there's more rushing around the body's than shakes. Lets not kid each other.

I see people appear in the gym, arms and legs like cotton thread and 3 months later a transformation has taken place which is truly unbelievable. How is this achieved.

Ultimately it's personal choice and I'm not condemning or judging anyone.

However, if you have a clean diet (not easy if you like pie) and work out regularly, you'll stay in shape. To grow and be massive is an expensive hobby. More expensive than running a Z if you're going to go at it in that way.

Which ever way you choose. Be safe look after your health and be sensible cos theres always a payback somewhere. Enjoy your training and the results, whatever the level.

Steroid laws have now changed in the uk and supply and possession is now illegal.

Jack3d has had the illegal ingredient removed which is still in kronic pump. Kronic pump is now illegal.

This is me now. Excuse the poor pictures as its hard to photograph lol

This is me 2 weeks ago. My arms look small as they ha been trained the night before so ripped to pieces.

I've not started cutting yet. I will start cutting for summer after my weekend in Prague. I'm currently about 14% bodyfat an want down to about 10 before the summer.

5FE3EED8-7433-4D40-A92E-E83880351095-1741-00000127155A8631_zps6f97d242.jpg

7BDA2AE0-8A22-4277-90B8-CA0CF25CC1A0-1763-000001289562C211_zps1dfc5e49.jpg

294CBD8B-5734-4AC5-A247-CA602FF8F0BB-1741-000001270C584BE5_zps73487bd8.jpg

I'm still training lots... infact just did a lunchtime session at the gym.

Starting to get into calisthenics a lot more then straight body building type workouts. Much prefer it, I feel more agile lol

....Summers coming up boys, start your cut!! :)

cut, bulk, cut, bulk, that's a little old school and counter productive in my opinion.

its much better to keep a clean diet, stay as low body fat, you don't need to over feed and take a bit of fat as a side effect. the fat and hormone change will hinder your muscle building on your bulk and you will lose hard earned muscle on your cut .

I train quite a bit, which frustrates the lady as I am apparently either at the gym, working on the car.....or on this forum :lol:

IMO the key to gaining the physique you desire is diet and rest, I believe both of these are more important that training itself. Without doubt 50-60% of it is nutrition. I am skeptical when it comes to ergogenic aids, especially pre-workout, both have had negative press recently and are extremely expensive due to the tax increase last year. I am a believer that you can gain everything you need from a strict, but balanced diet. Unfortunately steroids are rife in today's culture, and really are not the answer to gaining that 'beach body' image that the media portrays. I see so many 'newbies' that join the gym and immediately feel the need to turn to gear, usually because they are intimidated or have been ill-advised. Most women do not even like the big bulky look and it amazes me why blokes strive for this (it must be an ego thing or an association with perceived power).

Eat well, train hard and rest. :thumbs:

.....and the geezer above is on gear or has cycled lol

cut, bulk, cut, bulk, that's a little old school and counter productive in my opinion.

its much better to keep a clean diet, stay as low body fat, you don't need to over feed and take a bit of fat as a side effect. the fat and hormone change will hinder your muscle building on your bulk and you will lose hard earned muscle on your cut .

Do you have any pics?

You lose water when cutting, not muscle. You aren't starving yourself but merely burning fat from the body instead of from food.

I actually partly agree with this.

Out of interest, what body fat % can you maintain all year round then?

i would say im single figures and i stay there, never had my body fat levels tested to be honest. i managed to gain nearly 14lbs of muscle in around 9 months without adding any fat.

im anti steroids and feel knowledge can get you through any plateau.

i would say im single figures and i stay there, never had my body fat levels tested to be honest. i managed to gain nearly 14lbs of muscle in around 9 months without adding any fat.

im anti steroids and feel knowledge can get you through any plateau.

Any pics?

Fortynine years old now and trained since my early twenties, have been at my genetic max for a number of years and don't see many gains these days. My diet has always been pretty good but I've never been tempted to go down the juice route, no disrespect to anyone who does as it's a personal choice, it just wasn't for me. Supplement wise I've done the usual protein and creatine thing but as a previous poster said it can get a very expensive business if you let it. Still enjoy the gym now as much as when I started many years ago, always a pleasure and never a chore. Hope you all get as much enjoyment out of your training as I do and get the results you want

318609_268853219817083_1720031198_n.jpg

I've put on around 11lbs in 3 months but I'm pretty sure I've put a bit of flubber on with the muscle. I've got a lot stronger though (well by my standards anyway..........Neils bellend can probably bicep curl more than I can).

I enjoy the whole getting bigger thing until it gets too complex....I just get to a point where I'm flooded with information and I can't process it anymore so I just contentrate on an excersice I like or am good at and ignore the ones I should be doing.

I only use BSN Syntha 6 these days........creatine makes me @*!# my pants (near literally at times).

Lmao! Bsn syntha 6 is awesome stuff! Tastes beautiful aswell!

It's pretty much worth going to the gym to have it. I think I go about overboard trying to load it up though I as stick a banana, scoop of peanut butter and a load of semi skimmed milk in there........mmmmmmmmm frothalisious!