Gym workout, reviews on pre and post workout

ddcboyle

I admit its not something i like - This is just the extreme end of dieting. I prefer it when she's got a few curves.

I can still destroy her at arm wrestling anyway. :boxing:

How are you looking on the diet? Get some pics up :thumbs:

I have one serving of PHD Pharma Whey an hour prior to training and one serving of PHD ISO-7 as a post-work-out supplement.

I train for about 2-2.5 hours a day (some will say that's too long) on 2 muscle groups, 4 times a week.

At the moment I'm just trying to pack on as much mass as possible, then once I am happy with my size I plan on toning down by doing lighter weight and higher repetitions. I am currently on a high carb and high protein diet.

I just bought myself 5 tubs of PHD Pharma Whey and 5 tubs of PHD ISO-7 to avoid the 20% VAT increase ;)

20121002_235134_zpsf5b63812.jpg

I have one serving of PHD Pharma Whey an hour prior to training and one serving of PHD ISO-7 as a post-work-out supplement.

I train for about 2-2.5 hours a day (some will say that's too long) on 2 muscle groups, 4 times a week.

At the moment I'm just trying to pack on as much mass as possible, then once I am happy with my size I plan on toning down by doing lighter weight and higher repetitions. I am currently on a high carb and high protein diet.

I just bought myself 5 tubs of PHD Pharma Whey and 5 tubs of PHD ISO-7 to avoid the 20% VAT increase ;)

20121002_235134_zpsf5b63812.jpg

Chocolate mint... Yum... :unsure:

• 1 month later...

Well Just a wee relight of this thread!

The goliath labs protein was stinking.. couldnt drink it and tasted like milky mouldy strawberrys getting sucked through a sweaty workmans sock! :yuck:

I then went back to try and get my usual BSN syntha 6 but due to the disaster in american the shipments have been delayed so now i'm using

Kinetica whey protein

http://www.999supplements.com/protein/KS1009.html

Details :

Combining high-quality Whey Protein, essential peptides and amino acids, and the digestive enzyme Aminogen®, our Whey Protein supplements have been precisely developed to replenish your body’s amino acid levels and support lean muscle growth and recovery.

And because it’s absorbed quickly by the body, Kinetica Whey Protein lets you achieve the maximum effect in as short a time as possible.

Made with our unique Bioteinâ„¢ protein blend to help muscle recovery and development.

• Whey Protein concentrate rich in branched chain amino acids (BCAAs)

• Whey Protein isolate – the purest form of protein, virtually free of fat and lactose

• Hydrolysed Whey Protein for quick absorption

• 23g of protein in every serving

• Aminogen® (Digestive Enzyme) boosts lean muscle growth by increasing amino acid levels before and after exercise and improving nitrogen retention

• Encourages comfortable protein digestion

• 5 delicious shake varieties, natural flavours and colours only – just add low-fat milk or water

• Aspartame-free

• Contains approx 76 servings

I'm on 2.5 scoops of this per shake providing over 50grams over protein. The Taste is pretty good to be honest. Its a very "clean " natural protein and very highly though of in the bodybuilding industry.

I've cut back to 3 shakes a day as I'm currently eating alot more due to bulking for the winter. Bulking will last to April and then I will start cutting for the summer.

Seeing massive gains in strength due to diet change. Basic weights I'm lifting now. Incline bench 44kg-46kg dumbells, flat 50kg dumbells, 26kg bicep curls, 30kg hammer curls, tricep push down 45-47.5kg angled bar 37.5 with ropes, 85-90kg close grip bench, dips (bodyweight plus 20kg dumbell) 120kg total, 95kg lat pull down- widegrip, 80kg closegrip, shrugs 130kg bar 50kg dumbells.

I'm doing a lot more than these but this is just my main muscle workouts. Obviously this isnt in the one night. I train one muscle group per night. Each exercise is generally 5 sets all in(ie 4-5 exercises to cover different parts of the muscle group so say about 25 sets all in) , 2 warm up at a lighter weight 12 reps then 3 heavy sets for 7-9 reps.

Very happy with my progress over the last few months

In conclusion don't buy Goliath labs protein.

Secondly the Hemo Rage pre-workout wasn't strong enough for me. I found myself using 3 scoops and then at the end of the workout I was having a very bad comedown and feeling very ill. I sold this to my friend who enjoys it and thinks its too strong for him @the recommended intake levels. I'm now back using Kronic Pump and find this is the best stuff for me at the moment.

Secondly the Hemo Rage pre-workout wasn't strong enough for me. I found myself using 3 scoops and then at the end of the workout I was having a very bad comedown and feeling very ill. I sold this to my friend who enjoys it and thinks its too strong for him @the recommended intake levels. I'm now back using Kronic Pump and find this is the best stuff for me at the moment.

Might look into trying that kronic pump, i seem to not get any high from the stuff ive been using recently, so its either try something new or go back to N.Oexplode and its massive downers lol.

Looking to try a month on those pre-made protein drinks in the glass bottles from holland and barrett. 3pound a glass, but worth seeing if it works. over a month, if i were to take one a day, id be looking at £95 for the month, if it works, may be worth it. If not, waste of a good mod.

Whats the things i should be checking to see if its working, for past 4 years i dont judge how much im gaining by weight, since i stick at 82kg no matter what i do. And trying to focus on how much i can bench differs each time dependant on my mood. Im 6' 3" and gain no weight naturally, 82kg with size 32 waist. I was thinking of measuring arms, lats etc when tensed, but not sure how accurate that would be.

Holland and barrett stuff is crap btw. The proteins the use are rubbish also.

Best get onto www.bodybuilding.com and read up over there.

Kronic pump has just been banned from being imported but I can still get a hold of it if you want it ;)

Just back from a monster shoulder workout :)

Kronic pump has just been banned from being imported but I can still get a hold of it if you want it ;)

I need to get into a routine first of all lol, hearing about people at gym or watching that shitty geordie shore with the missus wants me to get massive. in 2weeks ill go from benching 60kg to 100kg and then i go off it for a day which turns into a month lol.

Kronic pump the best one youve had so far?

I find the only stuff that works is the stuff they ban lol

It's brilliant mate, not for the faint hearted though. My mates can't use it. They're using hemo rage still and only half a scoop. If you drug test for bodybuilding comps when using it you will fail due to what's in it.

I find the only stuff that works is the stuff they ban lol

It's brilliant mate, not for the faint hearted though. My mates can't use it. They're using hemo rage still and only half a scoop. If you drug test for bodybuilding comps when using it you will fail due to what's in it.

ah damn, yeh our works strict on that sort of stuff. maybe back to n.o. then lol

Some of my mates are into all this gym malarky. I'm sure it was that website that got sued for lacing their products with steroids.

But why mess around with this stuff why not just take steroids and get proper big?

There's no steroids in anything I use. Once I hit a wall and stop getting bigger will be the time I start the gear.

Training on gear is very hard, diets have to be spot on and you have to train very hard. It's not an easy way of training and a total waste of time if everything is not spot on.

I'm getting pretty big at the moment. My chest is 49" at the moment :)

You still need all the other stuff when using but u can't just take steroids and expect to get big and look good.

I'll train till I peak naturally and then consider taking stuff. At the moment I'm happy with my progress. When I will hit the wall I don't know, could be next year, could be 5 yrs.

49" isn't big enough :)

People that say that steroids are cheating generally have ever used them or fully understand what they do.

Steroids are not cheating but merely a different way of training.

This is the reason they have natural competitions and then the likes of me Olympia.

The wall will be when I stop getting stronger and stop getting bigger.