If you like being ripped off, don't read on......

Ebized

FFUK - with one MP out there who thinks we pay to much for fuel and an informed whistle blower has set down just what goes on in price fixing:

http://www.fairfueluk.com/quentins_blog ... oil-trader)

So, quoting from the auto email to me having signed the petition:

I have signed up to the national FairFuelUK Campaign. They stopped 9p/litre in tax hikes in the last 18 months and helped to defer the August 3p per litre fuel duty hike. They continue fighting against further fuel duty rises and to campaign for fuel duty to be cut as a long term objective. If you share my view that the Government tax take on every litre is excessive (typically 82p per litre in combined fuel duty and VAT) please help them by signing up at http://www.fairfueluk.com. It s free and only takes about 20 seconds.

The more who sign up gives a better chance of something being done :shrug:

also signed up when it started, have to say though its not got anywhere

Bingo.

Waste of time while the economy is down the pan. The UK coffers need funds, and this is a guaranteed pot-filler. The time to complain is when we're not in a global recession and the tax stays high.

already a part of it, some of the info is shocking especially the oil speculators profiting off us by artificially inflating the price. :dry:

I blame Stew. He should just produce more oil and bring down the price. Or at least syphon some off for club members to use. We just need a club refinery and we'd be sorted :lol:

.............signed up..... :thumbs:

Now to wait and watch for the results

you'lll be waiting a long time. Signed up when it first started and it all kicked off, nothing happened and still nothing to this date. Powerless

Agreed. They claim they got the govt to put off a raise, but putting them off isnt the point, we need them lowering!

My heart says go for it - my brain says otherwise.

A broke country, no money, government have a policy in place for fuel to raise funds, remove some of that and the money comes from somewhere else, income tax maybe, so lets put that up they say. Or it could be VAT, or they will put up VED, or it could be a tax on food, the list goes on but ultimately you will pay for any money saved on fuel, you just wont realise it.

I remember the cheers and the 'up yours' to banks when charges for letters sent to customers could no longer be charged at £15, shortly afterwards current accounts were suddenly £5 per month, the banks were not out of pocket, they simply recouped it in a different way, they had to otherwise their business model would collapse along with your savings.

Oh the futility of it all :surrender: