Third Switch / Blank

14N

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been asked (and answered) before, but curiosity has got the better of me and I just had to ask.

Does anyone know what the third switch/blank (next to the 2 heated seat switches) on a pre- facelift car is used, and/or intended for? Does anyone with a JDM import have any additional OEM toys that are connected to this switch?

Has anyone put this blank to good use and put a switch to something else in its place?

:shrug:

Cheers Wasso. I thought it may have been for the roadster roof, but I'm sure I saw somewhere (when browsing thru the handbook) that the switch for this was located some where else.

I could of imagined this fact though, and more than likely be wrong :bang:

I'm sure a roadster owner will be along soonn to confirm or deny....

Didn't realise it was on the facelift too though.

:lol: That is BRILLIANT!!

I'm not sure if that switch does anything mate, in fact, I don't think I care! I'll say it again, that is BRILLIANT!! B):#1:

I think in my pre-facelift though, I'd give it about 5 minutes before I got fed up of knocking it with my left elbow :lol:

It's also on a UK facelift, I think it's otherwise used for the convertible roof, I think.

Nope.

This has been discussed on here loads in the past.

The roadster roof button is actually down near the drivers right hand knee - near the filler cap release.

The blank button next to the heated seats isnt used for anything. My UK Zed was fully loaded and I still had a blank button there. On some JDM cars apparently this button is where "snow mode" button is.

JDM triptronics have power and snow mode here :thumbs:

It's also on a UK facelift, I think it's otherwise used for the convertible roof, I think.

Nope.

This has been discussed on here loads in the past.

The roadster roof button is actually down near the drivers right hand knee - near the filler cap release.

The blank button next to the heated seats isnt used for anything. My UK Zed was fully loaded and I still had a blank button there. On some JDM cars apparently this button is where "snow mode" button is.

I repalced mine :)

NOS bottle heaters, Wather Meth and Track Cam

DSCF1557.jpg

:thumbs:

Always one flash git isn't there :lol:

That would bug me, the switches are not all in line properly. :blush:

When the "Bitch" is going at full chat.... the buttons would be the last thing on your mind :lol:

• 1 month later...

going back a few pictures, i like the gearlever and gaitor and the handbrake and gaitor, i think its a nice touch. i also like the way the switches have been split with the blank being in the middle. i think it looks sweet. :thumbs:

Fresh from the house of SMD :thumbs: He likes to fiddle with things :surrender:

Its only on autos so will only be jdm push back for snow mode {locks rear diff and give very little power to get grip and wont let you go over 40mph} thought i broke my car when i pushed it with out noticing :blush: centre postion normal mode {trys to be eco changes early and throttle responce slow and slow to change} POWER mode {throttle responce improves holds in in lower gears longer and changes down faster and revs out for longer and drives alot better} unless in triptronic as you change up gears or will just bounce off the limiter :lol: you also change down manualy but can be slow to change when you want it to but if you brake it will change down automaticly so you ready togo again :thumbs:

I NEED A MANUAL :bang:

I repalced mine :)

NOS bottle heaters, Wather Meth and Track Cam

DSCF1557.jpg

:thumbs:

Always one flash git isn't there :lol:

That would bug me, the switches are not all in line properly. :blush:

When Chris nails ot out of the corners these actually line up, :drive1 & I`m sure Bob will get the blame :surrender:

I spend a year building a Zed and what is the most talked about thing? 4 little switches

:lol::lol:

@Darren - me nail her out of a corner? OK you got me on that :lol:

To take your mind of the switches here is the gearbox

Clutchslave.jpg

The finished interior (without buttons in the pic)

IMG_3505.jpg

or just look at the outside :thumbs:

IMG_3745.jpg

:lol:

I just know Mr G will pull me up for pic whoring now!

going back a few pictures, i like the gearlever and gaitor and the handbrake and gaitor, i think its a nice touch. i also like the way the switches have been split with the blank being in the middle. i think it looks sweet. :thumbs:

Fresh from the house of SMD :thumbs: He likes to fiddle with things :surrender:

And currently still fiddling :ninja: