Vortech supercharger

beani man

Any opinions on running a vortech V2 supercharger on a stock 350z with the following mods:

1) T3 rotas and brembo brakes

2) Plenum spacer

3) 3" japspeed K2 exhaust system y-pipe, mid-pipe and backbox

4) UpRev remap

5) Velocity stack and cosworth air filter (although that would go obviously)

6) Changed OEM clutch at 10 000 miles ago.

I've read mixed things about running superchargers without an array of upgrades. Some think it's ok on stock/under 400bhp etc and others don't (got the nismo kit + 19" alloys with pirelli P zero nero tyres).

While we're at it, does any one have a second hand vortech V2 supercharger to sell???

Adam

Well you need to set a budget for your power quest and then ask tuners like Abbey M/S, Horsham Developments, etc. to see if your have a realistic budget.

You have to know where you want to go with this, as it seems by the way you are listing things, you just want to add the S/C to a list of mods.

Are you intending to build a track dedicated vehicle?

Are you building a daily driver with reliable power?

Either way, to be safe, you should consider building the engine up too with stronger internals to avoid troubles down the line.

Waits for Lexx to hammer his face to pulp with a keyboard :lol:

I'm on my phone so I just bounced it off the wall instead :lol:

I have moved this to the FI section. Do some extensive reading in the section, then go to my350z.com and spend a week reading there.

Trust me, all your questions have been asked and answered before.

No point in buying bits and pieces.

Do your own research comprehensively and then sit down with your tuner for a few hours and discuss all the options.

For a seemless safe build with a comprehensive warranty you are always best to get your tuner to supply and install all the parts relating to the SC install.

Alex :)

Cheers for the info guys. Sounds like a lot of work. Maybe one option is to buy a zed already SCd...

of course it's alot of work!

It only took Darren-B a bank holiday weekend :snack:

Ah yes, but how many hours research and preperation before the install began? ;)