Best Broadband Deal?

geoff-r

Hi guys, I recently purchased my first house and I desperately need to get a broadband package in place. I'm okay for the moment as we've been busy moving in and the internet on my phone works just about but I miss having proper internet. Basically I want to know what the best deals are out there. I don't live in a cabled area so unfortunately its got to be the other option, the area is infinity enabled so its not all bad. Im not fussed on tv bundles so just want the best possible internet (no download limits), do you have any suggestions?

Sky Fibre's been perfect for me so far. 37mb down, no traffic shaping, throttling or limits. I've tried to find a limit and not had anything come through :thumbs:

Not sure if you have to have Sky or not though. Virgin is great for max speed but I think they do throttle/shape at peak times.

Infinity.

I was using the 40GB package at my last place, and because I work away 2 weeks at a time I never got anywhere near the cap, and it costs next to nothing a month.

I've only moved to the other side of a main road, and they haven't activated it here yet :rant: another 2 months at least" :angry::rant:

I know you said you're not bothered about TV but I have just swapped from BT to Sky simply because of the price difference. For a couple of quid less than I was paying BT for phoneline and broadband I've got phone, broadband and sky TV with an HD box that means I can get all the free HD channels as well as the basic sky entertainment pack. Included all equipment and fitting. For an extra six quid broadband is unlimited. If you book through quidco you get £100 cash back.

Lol, someone else needing new Internet :thumbs:

Indeed mate :lol:

Cheers for the input guys. I'm torn at the moment between my impatience and searching for a good deal. If I get sky I have to wait 6 weeks as a friend of a friend who works for sky will be able to arrange me a rather good deal. I've used sky over the girlfriends house and I have no complaints. I'm assuming the sky broadband basically runs off the infinity lines? I don't know whether to hold on and wait the 6 weeks as some if you rate sky, especially if I went for the tv as well. Ahhh decisions! 6 more weeks without internet is like losing a limb lol.

I just got Sky. I was on Virgin before.

I went for the whole package, phone, tv and broadband.

I got my brother to recommend me which allowed both of us to have £75 gift vouchers!! I chose Tescos, but John Lewis and M&S were on the list.

I live in a small village now, compared to a bit city, and the broadband speed seems identical to me. Very happy with it.

al

Why do you only get 2Mpbs up Dave? Guess its more than enough, but seriously having 100 down and 2 up is madness :lol:

We're on Plusnets version of Infinity (they all run on BTs kit) and get 40 down and 8 up which is the standard Infinity. I think they have a new one with 80 down, but we only pay £11.50/mo for it and if we changed it would go up to something like £20. Not worth it as we rarely max it out during normal usage.