Astra VXR keeping up??

ddcboyle

I was of the impression the forum was for talking about our cars? Pretty sure its for newer owners and guys who are new to cars to understand it all a bit more, apologies if thread anoys you, gotta start understanding it all sometime, and asking 350z owners about a 350z seemed reasonable.

Again an annoying question, but since it came up, stage 2 etc is just changing parts of engine for newer bits right?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally spending 2k on the zed performance wise will make it feel better but you won;t see a massive performance gain. NA tuning on a zed is generally a lost cause. do it for the noise, or the extra feel and feedback etc. but if you want gains, save your cash and either buy an FI setup, or save it up towards your next car which could be FI.

he's not road racing, is this no different to drag racing? if people want to discuss driving their car fast and they're doing it legally why should it be shifted to the green room just because you don't like it.

if you don't like the thread don't read it/ post on it.

can't say i'm persoanlly that interested but its getting a bit tedious watching long standing members berate newer members.

Not as tedious as it's getting reading them.

Writing about a fun blat on the road is fine, and at the start of the OP's post I was quite interested in it as it was a bit different. It's all this utter nonsense about "Why is my car not as good as this one?" or "How much more power can I get so I can be quicker than X car?" that I'm fed up with. If you want to improve areas of your car, fine. If you're wondering why another car is faster, then go and ask the owner of the car.

If you want a quick car, there are plenty quicker and cheaper than the Zed. If a p*ssing contest is what you want, then just buy a different car.

if its tedious reading them, do what i do on other threads, as soon as i start to get bored, i just click the back button.

problem solved :wacko:

A) you don't have to read it

B) you don't have to post on it

yes these posts aren;t the best but their are younger drivers coming through who want to learn more about the car. so are going to ask the annoying questions or do the "car comparison thing" its no different to down the pub.

call it a down side to being a long termer that the same old crap comes round and round. doens;t mean you have to menstrate on it.

Oh, the irony of telling people not to post on a thread if they don't like it, and then posting about not wanting to read about people moaning about threads they don't like.

Click the back button if you don't want to read about me moaning :p

he's not road racing, is this no different to drag racing? if people want to discuss driving their car fast and they're doing it legally why should it be shifted to the green room just because you don't like it.

if you don't like the thread don't read it/ post on it.

can't say i'm persoanlly that interested but its getting a bit tedious watching long standing members berate newer members.

im glad someone notices this!

Oh, the irony of telling people not to post on a thread if they don't like it, and then posting about not wanting to read about people moaning about threads they don't like.

Click the back button if you don't want to read about me moaning :p

:yawn:

Some members seriously need to realise why its 350z-uk and not a random chat site.

"if ur bothered by a car being faster, go buy an astra" - your all for modifications yet when someone asks about it, you feel you have to give someone @*!# because their new to cars.

Far too many ignorent members on here, 90% are fine, then the other 10% give useless replies.

Trying not to be harsh, but some of you arent too good at talking skills, and people wonder why theres so many members but not a massive amount of people meeting up.

Apologies to those who this doesnt apply.

Im with you on that one Brother! some of the more longer term members leap on any chance to get on the moral high horse, to show their superior 350Z status than us mortals, I've just learned to ignore the antagonistic minority, thankfully the majority are constructive

The VXR is lighter so wouldn't that just make both of them about 200bhp per tonne? That's assuming the VXR was totally standard? Weight of driver/boot contents? Identical line taken over surface? Tyres? Different gearbox? Engine and management perfect? Many potential reasons why.

lol ive been reading so many of this type of thread recently and like lots of people have said. I cant believe how bitchy and moany this forum has become! its incredible. The Price of Zeds now is very low so there are lots of younger drivers coming here. Just to be met by older members who belittle them and bitch! between them selves like they are better than the rest what's the deal.

OP stage 2 on the VXR,s comprises of full exhaust system form turbo back, including pre-cat removal, Filter, and software upgrade (remap) which takes it to approx 280-285bhp.

They can be very fast in a straight line. as mentioned they don't corner at all.

I also feel people don't necessarily want an "astra" or what ever over their Zed as the zed is a special looking car. They just feel like most of us that they lack the speed they deserve.

lol ive been reading so many of this type of thread recently and like lots of people have said. I cant believe how bitchy and moany this forum has become! its incredible. The Price of Zeds now is very low so there are lots of younger drivers coming here. Just to be met by older members who belittle them and bitch! between them selves like they are better than the rest what's the deal.

:lol::lol::lol: I'm young and still belittle people, age doesnt make a difference, its all about common sense. What do you expect you are buying a ferrari????

Its a joke how upset people get when they get spanked by a hot hatch. These people are usually the people who "think" they can drive.

The price of the zed is an invitation to youngster to get there hands on them and quite frankly expecting a supercar when in reality on a dyno the zed dyno's well under factory figures.

Its hilarious to the point i'm completely out of laughter.

The amount of threads i'm now seeing about street racing, torching away from lights and other street race related threads is a joke.

:lol::lol: by old i mean on here not age should of made that abit more clear.

I think there is far to much judging of people before they know the person.

I didn't expect a super car at all, but was disappointed im sure thats how alot of people feel. its still a great car but lacks that extra ooophm

At the end of the day it's an open forum, as long as nobody is rude or personal then if someone young or old, new or longstanding posts up about being beaten by a hot hatch they will get the same replys

i don't think the issue is the age of the person posting the thread; more the fact that long standing members are menstrating all over them. ;)