Astra VXR keeping up??

ddcboyle

Original comment (so people understand half the replies) :"So was at paintball and there was an abandoned airstrip, to which all the guys waiting decided to have a drag race, we had no idea how long it was, maybe half a mile of flat surface? So we had a race, about 30 cars or so.

Third was 350z vs what seemed like a stock astra VXR, and was ahead by a few metres most of the way, even at higher speeds.

So, is that normal for a VXR to do that if it had subtle mods, or am i just thinking too much of the zed?''

What i meant after waking up sober: For getting more power out of the zed, what mods can i do myself that wont involve me destroying engine since im not mechanically experienced

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness though, are 2 grand of mods going to make the 350z feel more powerful? With the usual air take, dcat pipes, plenum and uprev? Obviously it has more power on books, but am i going to think, 2 grand well spent or just realise it sounds louder?

Astra stage 2 is 280 bhp and it's slightly lighter.

My mates in stage 2 and there is not much in it at all. So for you to be ahead of a standard one by a car length is about right!

They can't corner for @*!# though so unless your in America then I know which one I would have!

Can we just move sh*t like this straight to the Green Room? It's utter tripe and a complete waste of time.

Are we not all on her because we have time to waste :shrug:

Speak for yourself, I've only so much vitriol to go round! :lol:

he's not road racing, is this no different to drag racing? if people want to discuss driving their car fast and they're doing it legally why should it be shifted to the green room just because you don't like it.

if you don't like the thread don't read it/ post on it.

can't say i'm persoanlly that interested but its getting a bit tedious watching long standing members berate newer members.