Snow Foam Lance

The Bounty Bar Kid

Whats more important with getting a good foam, decent lance or decent water pressure? The water pressure in my house is bloody awful so I don't want to go about spending £50 on a good lance only for it to be useless.

I thought you don't need high pressure water from a tap, but the pressure washer creates the pressure itself? I don't have to turn my outside tap on by much, once there's enough water in the pressure washer it starts working and the tap is just to keep it topped up constantly.

it's not like a hose where it would just dribble out the end as that's just feeding the water from one place to another with no pressurising involved, or I'm just talking rubbish :blush:

Well the water from my taps basically just rolls out, pathetic really and the water board say they don't have to do anything.

Anyway, yea I know the power hose creates the pressure, but I can't help but feel that if there was better pressure for the unit to work with, results would be better.

For example, the crappy wash bottle attachment that usually comes free with power hoses, what kind of results do you get with that usually? I use Megs Nxt Generation car wash with the bottle and it usually just leaves a soapy fluid over the car with a tiny foamy bits. Obviously if I used a proper snow foam results would probably be better but I expected more foaminess even from the dodgy "lance" and Nxt Gen car wash.

I would never use that crappy wash bottle with a pressure washer. Mine is used only for rinsing, so the only product that goes through the machine is water.

A decent foam lance will be fine on any pressure washer. :thumbs:

I would never use that crappy wash bottle with a pressure washer. Mine is used only for rinsing, so the only product that goes through the machine is water.

A decent foam lance will be fine on any pressure washer. :thumbs:

I don't know about your power hose, but with mine the only product that goes through it is water, even with the bottle, it just attaches on the end like a lance would. I though they were all like this.

I'm fine for the time being with the crappy wash bottle i can still use it to cover the car in soap before washing with the mitt, but i'd like to try the snow foam some day :thumbs:

My Karcher mixes the product in the crappy bottle before it goes through the lance, the bottle is located atop the main unit. Only my snow foam attachment on the end of the lance works in the way your appears too.

What pressure washer do you have?

My Karcher mixes the product in the crappy bottle before it goes through the lance, the bottle is located atop the main unit. Only my snow foam attachment on the end of the lance works in the way your appears too.

What pressure washer do you have?

It's just a cheap standard argos special, Challenge, but i'm not 100% on what model or anything. Looking at what they have ATM it's probably 2000W with a 360L/min flow rate and circa 130 bar.

http://www.monzacarcare.com/snow-foam-- ... sprayer/0/

This does away with the need for the pressure washer and is simplistic.

Seen it in action ane works very well.

Or this one thats as cheap as chips

As your car is pretty much on the ball and location ect I would suggest the top one.

Ring them and they will fast post it to you.

Went to Halfords and not impressed.

:drive1

.....Anyway, yea I know the power hose creates the pressure, but I can't help but feel that if there was better pressure for the unit to work with, results would be better.

100% on the ball. We sell quite a few pressure washers (Wickes branded, but made by Lavor) and the manufacturers recommend having decent pressure from the tap. Although, even with this in mind, it still amazes me when a customer tries to return one that "doesn't work" only to be told they switched it on before even connecting the hose from the tap - yeah, because you've burnt out the pump :doh::bang:

My neighbour connects his pressure washer feed to an outside water butt - so wouldn't think pressure is an issue

A few manufacturers, either via leaflets in the box or websites, sell pumps or suction hoses to use with water butts/ponds to ensure an adequate supply of water to the internal pump for this type of supply

Or this one thats as cheap as chips

If that video is representative of the actual product, then it's an absolute pile of sh*t. :thumbdown:

The 1st one never came up.

So reposted.

The £12 one was an example of cheap.

Best to see what Dips budget is:) And yes it was pretty duff.

To be honest I am still trying to get my head round which is factually correct.

I was led to believe that foaming the car and rinse off took away the need to wash

But thats now obviously wrong.

So if I am hand washing the car with the 2 bucket system, is there any benefit at all from foaming it 1st?

This is a question not a statement:)

:drive1

It will remove the initial coat of dirt, but as you say you'll still need to TBM to do it properly.

I have a very good snow foam lance (purchased from Tim @Envy, IIRC) and a good bottle of foam.

I never use mine any more.

Make of that what you will. ;) Tbh I'd use it on a shed or a works vehicle and then use a mitt to scrub away at the foam, saving the need to wash properly afterwards, but never ever on a decent car.