Golf R32

stuarty

My brother just bought a 57 plate golf R32. He brought it to my house for me to have a go. I was really disappointed with it, not that i told him that!

Anyway it just didnt feel planted enough and the sound from the standard exhaust was really raspy, not what i expected at all. The leather seats were really good quality but that was the best thing about it. :)

My friend had one and t sounded like a tvr, was awesome. Maybe he had modded the exhaust. I love golfs, had 2 gtis but the r32 is too similar looking to a normal golf for me for the money. I now like something that stands out.

Maybe you was driving it like a rwd car? I've heard they have a lot of grip buy then it's not a out and out performance car.

The r32 engine was never really powerful enough to warrant one over a remapped gti and the 4wd and engine make it fairly thirsty for a cruiser IMO.

The R32 is one of the cars ive always wanted. My brother had a VR6 golf many years back and it was just incredible the amount of power it had. Handled like a sack of the brown stuff though. The MK4 golfs also handled terribly - I had to replace the shocks on my MK4 GTI with uprated Koni struts and lower it by about -40 before it handled like it was on rails.

Had a chasey with oen a little while back, lost all respect when I was going round roundabouts faster than he was. In the wet. Sideways. :yawn:

Nice cars, but always struck me as a rebadged Audi S3, a bit of a toothless tiger.

Hi stuart! Can you remember my mate that trains at the gym with me (guy with super suntan)? He had a white one with a miltek exhaust and it sounded awesome but very German sounding. I know what you mean about it being unplanted as we had a few scary moments with tail out action. Tell your bro to get a haldex (I think that's what it's called) controller which controls the 4wd diff

Hi stuart! Can you remember my mate that trains at the gym with me (guy with super suntan)? He had a white one with a miltek exhaust and it sounded awesome but very German sounding. I know what you mean about it being unplanted as we had a few scary moments with tail out action. Tell your bro to get a haldex (I think that's what it's called) controller which controls the 4wd diff

I mention that to him Neil! I think the problem with the R32 is that i was really disappointed with it. It just didnt feel like i thought it would, it felt really light and i hate the rasping noise from the exhaust. Also it just didnt pull like a zed. It was a one owner car with full vw service history and totally stock. :)

Sorry about my typo's in my last comment. On iPhone and it's auto correcting.

My mates was a manual also. One of the boys, big monty had the dsg and it was quick but didn't sound as nice as the manual.

I'm surprised it never felt quick. As I said my mates was very powerful. How does your brother enjoy it(I'm sure you said it was your bro, if I'm wrong i apologise lol.

Is it a mk5? I know the new R is a turbo'd model now

My mates was a manual also. One of the boys, big monty had the dsg and it was quick but didn't sound as nice as the manual.

I'm surprised it never felt quick. As I said my mates was very powerful. How does your brother enjoy it(I'm sure you said it was your bro, if I'm wrong i apologise lol.

It was monty that sold my brother the R32 mate and it was montys mate that had owned it before my brother. :lol:

It was monty that sold my brother the R32 mate and it was montys mate that had owned it before my brother. :lol:

:lol::lol:

What colour is the r32? did it used to be wrapped white?

A guy I know that works for a VW dealership told me that when they were getting rid of the last lot of the R32's they were selling them new for £18k....don't know how true that is!?!?! I've since seen 09's in main dealers for just under that!

A guy I know that works for a VW dealership told me that when they were getting rid of the last lot of the R32's they were selling them new for £18k....don't know how true that is!?!?! I've since seen 09's in main dealers for just under that!

I'd be suprised if thats true. My mate paid 20k for his when it was 2.5 years old