Prescott Hill Climb 2012

Will370z

Well i've been looking forward to today for quite a while. The day they open up the hill climb to members to take their own cars up for the day. Been looking forward to stretching Rosies legs and would be interesting to see how she handles on the twisties and whether she would bottom out on the sharp left hander :scare:

She did me proud though, was really stiff through the corners with very little roll. Sounded nice too :teeth: . Trackion control kept stepping in to kill any power when the wheels started to slip but didnt have the confidence to turn that off as the barriers are never far away.

Cracked me up when one bloke walked up to Rosie and said "look son there it is, thats a GTR....." i wish

Some gorgeous cars there today, a couple of smashing ferraris and loads of buggattis as usual. Even had a day full of sun shince B)

Heres Rosie all prep'd and ready to go

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

Excuse my little rant at the start, i cut most of it. The porsche in front of me floored it before the start to warm his tyres. Net result was he made too much noise and sprayed loads of blummin rubber all over my bonnet from 25 yards away. I was not impressed lol

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

More to come and a little vid. Takes ages on my prehistoric internet connection :bang:

Great stuff Will :thumbs:

Looks a good day out - did you need any sort of licence to take part?

Didnt need a licence, nothing was timed it was just an open day for members to have fun. Was talking to one of the committee about potentially hiring the place out for our club if there was interest but not sure on costs. And im sure the hairpin wouldnt be a good idea for some of the lowered cars :scare:

Didnt need a licence, nothing was timed it was just an open day for members to have fun. Was talking to one of the committee about potentially hiring the place out for our club if there was interest but not sure on costs. And im sure the hairpin wouldnt be a good idea for some of the lowered cars :scare:

Good idea Will, get planning :#1:

We (SXOC) have done 2/3 weekend events there, its very good but fairly pricey and you need to book early. PM me for more info if you like :)