Opinions Please

Keyser

I now have a nice set of RE30 19x11's for the back of my Zed

DSCF2308.jpg

The problem is getting a set of matching fronts I have 3 options

1. I can get a set of 18x8.5 ET 52 and put a 30mm spacer on available now

Will that look strange with an 18" front and a 19" rear??

2. A set of 19x10 ET 25 Available now

Are they gonna be to wide for the front ????

Current "poke" on the ROTA's is 88mm and thats close to flush 10" would be 102mm Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3. A set of 19x9 ET 25 perfect match 3 month wait - special order

Shall I wait 3 months?? Not that the cars ready :lol:

Not sure, but I think you should paint your boot black or get hold of a carbon boot - keep the theme of black going through the roof lines etc.

That sounds like a good chance for me to get a pic in, here's my black roof and boot:

photo-10.jpg

As for the wheels, I suppose it partly depends what tyre sizes you want to put on...

Option 1. Some US Zeds come like it from the factory & will look awesome on your car

*Not that my word means a lot any more :lol::blush:

As long as I'm not asking you if they will fit we will be fine :thumbs::lol:

Option 1 would be good but you'd either have to disconnect the traction control or run a huge chunk of rubber around the fronts to keep the ratios balanced.

Option 2 would be my choice, you'd earn huge grip on the front end possibly taking some of the understeer away, but your turning circle would suffer, but unless you plan on doing lots of 3 point turns that won't be a problem.

Option 3 would be the perfect wheel, but the 3 month wait would put me off, unless you can source a couple somewhere else 2nd hand. Do you think the engine etc will be 100% up and running by then?

Option 1 would be good but you'd either have to disconnect the traction control or run a huge chunk of rubber around the fronts to keep the ratios balanced.

Some of the factory cars came with an 18/19 setup in the states ;)

Option 2 would be my choice, you'd earn huge grip on the front end possibly taking some of the understeer away, but your turning circle would suffer, but unless you plan on doing lots of 3 point turns that won't be a problem.

:blink::blink::blink:

a) Grip would be improved but not hugely, it more depends on the tyre you run than the wheel width :)

B) I wasnt aware Zeds suffered from understeer .......... mine certainly doesnt :D

c) If your wheels affect your turning circle then youve got serious problems.

19x10 ET25 will almost certainly fit without any problems IMO but it might be worth seeing if you can find someone running then. :thumbs:

EDIT: and Im running 18/19 stagger but have to have the VDC turned off permanently. :)