Grey Suits

Dblock

Im the one on the right. My brother got the looks I got the erm... :lol: I love thsi suit though wasnt expensive either fits like a dream. Awesome sunny day at Guthrie Castle.

IMG_0042.jpg

But if you dont fancy wearing a suit and you have the legs for it

262_16710498602_83_n.jpg

188_8622823602_3543_n.jpg

Both pictures where taking in England. I had to rep Yo' :lol:

What about court suits? Haha they make me laugh, you know the kind worn by chavs at the magistrate courts :lol:

Borrowed out said chavs dads wardrobe, he doesn't mind though as he's locked up anyway..... :lol:

Your brother's cute ;) and he looks much nicer with both buttons done up. If you only do one up it may appear that you have short term memory loss problems :lol::lol:

Married with 2 kids but he is a good lucking guy :)

No way doing up the top button is Daniel Craig. :lol:

What happened to double breasted suits?

Also dont do both buttons up unless your a geek. Only do the top one up .

:lol:

:lol: such a daft unwritten rule even u don't agree with it :clap:

Huh? Only one of my buttons is done ;):bangin:

So your on the right then not the left lol :p

Seems you don't know left from right or how to close buttons then mate :lol:

i only own 1 suit and its for weddings funerals interviews etc.

+1 Although, i prefer to wear a kilt to weddings where possible.

i'm not a scotsman don't feel i have the heritage for it. my family originate from scotland on my mums side about 5 generations ago they emigrated to australia.

You got me there. I was ment to upload a different picture :lol:

The suit doesnt sit right with 2 buttons and thin or big you get a crease around the mid rift. No good for photos.

Also dont do both buttons up unless your a geek. Only do the top one up .

:lol:

Huh? Only one of my buttons is done ;):bangin:

So your on the right then not the left lol :p

Seems you don't know left from right or how to close buttons then mate :lol:

Grey suits (especially slim fitting ones) are awesome, however.. no man will EVER look as good as Jamie Redknapp does in a grey suit. As long as you can accept that, then you may wear grey suits.

I'm a young city worker so careful colour coordination, bolder colours and skinny ties are my thing. But the fit is WAY more important that the colour or anything.

Baggy trousers, shiny shirts/suits, shirts without side pleats, fat ties, ties with schoolboy stripes/patterns, shirt and tie same colour (for work at least), shirt cuffs that aren't exposed by 1/4 inch when you sit down etc are all :yuck: Excessive or bold pinstriping unacceptable unless banker or lawyer.

Pretty much all colours are fine though. Except bright red, white, yellow or green. Burgundy and lighter blues look pretty cool if you're a young, trim, half decent looking bloke these days. Although I think my burgundy one is LITTLE bit much for work.

:dummy:

Its not unwritten, its part of dressing properly (you actually are allowed to button the bottom at a funeral, but only then). Like if you are wearing a jacket you shouldnt have a top pocket on your short, like that bespoke suits have cuffs that unbutton, like your tie should actually be a recognised knot, you shouldt ever undo your top button when wearing a tie, your shoes and belt should match, you dont wear brown shoes with anything other than a brown suit ........... theres loads.

Waltzinblack seems to get it, and Id wager he would have the **** ripped out of him by his colleagues if he got any of it wrong, been there, done that ;)

:blush: i do the school boy tie knot as i don't know how to tie a windsor :blush: my dad had to do it for me when i was at home :blush:

because i never wear a tie to work i feel very uncomfortable when made to wear one. so as soon as i can get away with it i bin the tie off. :blush: i sometimes like to wear brown shoes with my grey suits, but mostly i wear black shoes. if my shoes match my belt it would be sheer coincidence :lol: i'm no fashionister

my work cloths consist of an old shirt with the sleeves rolled up and top button undone, pair of walking trousers navy blue and tan coloured steel toe cap boots.

if i could get away with it but i know i can;t i'd wear a polo shirt to work instead of a normal shirt. and when it was hot i'd love to wear shorts, but not allowed.

don't see the point of wearing nice clothes in a workshop thye only ever get ruined

:blush: i do the school boy tie knot as i don't know how to tie a windsor :blush: my dad had to do it for me when i was at home :blush:

Youre not alone - every wedding, funeral, christneing I go to theres at least 5 lads waiting in line for me to tie a tie for them :lol:

TBH, I know where you are coming from though, its a lot easier to wear civvies sometimes. We decided a couple of years ago to stop wearing suit and tie in the office and its much nicer. That said, its also good to know how to rock a suit - remember, people you are trying to impress may well know the code too, you wouldnt get much appreciation from me for doing up your bottom button but roll up in a single breasted grey houndstooth with a navy blue tie on a proper dress shirt and Ill shake you by the hand. :thumbs:

Its not unwritten, its part of dressing properly (you actually are allowed to button the bottom at a funeral, but only then). Like if you are wearing a jacket you shouldnt have a top pocket on your short, like that bespoke suits have cuffs that unbutton, like your tie should actually be a recognised knot, you shouldt ever undo your top button when wearing a tie, your shoes and belt should match, you dont wear brown shoes with anything other than a brown suit ........... theres loads.

Waltzinblack seems to get it, and Id wager he would have the **** ripped out of him by his colleagues if he got any of it wrong, been there, done that ;)

Hahah, you'd be surprised.. a lot of the older people who probably work in higher paid jobs than me that get the train are often dressed worse. So I'm less worried about **** taking :p

I disagree about brown shoes though, as long as you match the belt you can get away with them with a grey or even a blue suit if you're feeling extra trendy. Also the good thing is, the school boy knot works ok with skinny ties because you cant notice them pulling to one side as much!

There's definitely a 'too far' line though. I mean there's a couple of boys similar age to me who get the same train and work nearby, always wearing pinstripe suits with waistcoats and a handkerchief in the jacket pocket. Just screams out 'ripped it off the Topman mannequin' and is trying WAY too hard. I think you can only rock the waistcoat and hanky when you're on at least a 7 figure salary... not as a work experience boy! :lol:

I have to agree with you on the brown / tan shoes. I personally think that if your wearing a blue or charcoal / grey suit that a nice brown brogue shoes with a matching belt looks classy and modern. But defo wear a nice crisp white shirt and then add a little bit of colour with a tie or a pocket hankerchief :)

I have to agree with you on the brown / tan shoes. I personally think that if your wearing a blue or charcoal / grey suit that a nice brown brogue shoes with a matching belt looks classy and modern. But defo wear a nice crisp white shirt and then add a little bit of colour with a tie or a pocket hankerchief :)

had a discussion about this a while back..

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60702