Eh, service already??

rogerxp

Brief history, car bought by me used in April 2011 (1,750 miles on 60 plate - registered September 10), I arranged its first service in September 2011 at 3,600 miles, and the service warning has just pinged up "Reminder 1 - Maintenance due for: push info..." at 9,000 miles. A little premature surely??

I've flicked through the maintenance menu but can't see anything obvious showing - not sure what I'm looking for if I'm honest but under oil, tyre, filter, other there is no mileage or additional warnings. Is this P2 I'm now due??

OK, I drive it pretty hard, and just returned from a weekend 'hoon' in Yorkshire with my mates over on E90post where I've shown what the Zed is all about to E46 & E92 M3's, a 645i, a Mini JCW and a load of 335i's and 335d's so it's quite possible I've fried a few bits and bobs.

Is this early P2 to be expected?? Anyone any idea of cost?? It'll no doubt be going back in soon enough to sort the hood out so they can sort it then.

9K miles or 12 months whatever comes first.

Sorry, meant to say I knew the parameters, but I'm only at 5,500 miles and 9 months. Is it realistic to say that my 'enthusiastic' driving has brought my service forward by 3,500 miles or 3 months?? Has anyone else had early services (for reasons other than convenience)??

There's no one more enthusiastic than me, all I can think of is that someone has messed about with the settings in the connect system that didn't know what they were doing and put in a stupid number :shrug: which has thrown up a service due type thing, reset it maybe :shrug:

The garage didn't reset the timer at the service last time I would guess (I assume that you are approaching 9000 miles?)

There's a guide somewhere on how to do it, or take it into a dealer (friendly one!) and get the to reset it. take 2 mins on Consult.

The garage didn't reset the timer at the service last time I would guess (I assume that you are approaching 9000 miles?)

There's a guide somewhere on how to do it, or take it into a dealer (friendly one!) and get the to reset it. take 2 mins on Consult.

This would be my guess. I've never had a reminder come up on mine for a service, but then I always make sure I do them slightly before the 9k interval each time. See if the garage can reset the interval, and then remind them to do it again when you next have a service as it will be out of kilter.

i know when the 350z was new it had 2 services in its first 9000 miles, the first at about 4000 and then a full at 9000

they may have also been one at 1500 as a quick check up.

if the system is like the BMW service thing and its when the car tells you, then yes driving hard can bring servicing forward.

• 1 month later...

I very rarely look at the mileage, but just happened to notice it at lunchtime and i have done 9,965 miles!!!!!

Was just over 1k when I bought it in March.

But why has mines not came up saying a service was due?

Need to phone up now and get it done urgently.

Not if it was just serviced when you bought it - you've got another 1k miles to go :thumbs: