North Wales trip dilemma

twobears

Just booked a couple of days in North Wales but we are already arguing over who is going to drive and whose car we should take :thumbdown: After seeing the Wales meet photos I want to drive round some of the places that you guys went as I will be very close to that area. In particular I want to go through those lovely tunnels to see what Mr Zedbelly sounds like :blush:

Normally, I would 'win' the argument and I'd be driving but my husband has what he thinks is the trump card on this occasion as his new car (Evoque) is being delivered just before we set out for Wales and he is, therefore, insisting that he drives it to Wales.

So, shall I be magnanimous and make husband happy or should I stamp my feet and insist on my own way? Bear in mind that we only get one Wales trip per year so I will have to wait ages for my next opportunity.

I will throw the question open to the floor in true Mumsnet fashion.

Disclaimer: I HATE Mumsnet with a passion :rant:

He is the man of the house, you should therefore be grateful he is taking you on the trip in his new car and start packing for him :lol:

Alternatively remove all marital priviledges until he agrees to let you take the Zed :wink:

Mumsnet FTW although I limit my time there now I found this forum :blush:

"He is the man of the house, you should therefore be grateful he is taking you on the trip in his new car and start packing for him"

Yeah, SMD, like that's ever going to happen :bangin: He's not Mr Cholmondely-Warner you know!!!

So, one vote for husband another both for and against husband (trust SMD :lol: ).

If I am being reasonable (doesn't happen often :blush: ) I think that you are probably spot on Gudzy. I would love to come to the Wales meet next time and I know that "husband dearest" will come along willingly too.

thetranquilbass, I'd thought of that as well but then I won't have anyone to talk to on the way there and back and I loves a good chat me :teeth:

"..go buy a 370z that is newer - WIN!"

Already got one earmarked for my next car and husband agrees but can't afford one just yet!

"your lucky your not my wife, and feet stamping would result in me leaving you behind"

rtbiscuit, I have got huge feet so when I stamp them people run for cover :lol::lol::lol: Leaving me behind wouldn't work as I'd just get in Mr Zedbelly and be in Wales before husband had even got off the drive :D

Oh wow, I can do an Autumn meet if that's true :thumbs: We don't have any tunnels here in East Yorkshire as it is flat, completely and utterly flat so no need for tunnels. Pathetic as it makes me sound, I actually go out for a drive some evenings to find small railway bridges so that I can enjoy the fleeting sound Mr Z makes as we drive under them :blush:

Sorry, forgot to say, husband's firm are paying for the holiday so not sure if that earns him more bonus points or not when it comes to deciding whose car to take as it's not his actual cash? The more I think about it I suppose I really should let him take his car shouldn't I? He gets 'free' diesel as well so that is another point to him. I think I have lost this particular argument but if I can come to the next Wales meet things will even up :)

Sorry, forgot to say, husband's firm are paying for the holiday so not sure if that earns him more bonus points or not when it comes to deciding whose car to take as it's not his actual cash? The more I think about it I suppose I really should let him take his car shouldn't I? He gets 'free' diesel as well so that is another point to him. I think I have lost this particular argument but if I can come to the next Wales meet things will even up :)

free diesel means more money for you to buy shoes with ;)

The trip in a diesel Evoque will surely be more luxurious but I don't think I would want to throw it round those Welsh back roads :yuck:

Is it a convertible Evoque? If not that would be a point in your favour ;)

"Pathetic as it makes me sound, I actually go out for a drive some evenings to find small railway bridges so that I can enjoy the fleeting sound Mr Z makes as we drive under them :blush:

I don't think you're the only one, I've got a choice of a few gyms to go to near me but I go to the one next to a railway bridge. I take far too much pleasure from trying to make people scream as I go through...

More shoes ... lovely! Big shoes mind you. In fact, clown shoes often fit me nicely :lol:

Not a convertible Evoque and he definitely won't want to throw it around the roads. Especially after he got done for speeding twice last time we went to Wales :surrender:

Nice one Gudzy B):lol:

More shoes ... lovely! Big shoes mind you. In fact, clown shoes often fit me nicely :lol:

Not a convertible Evoque and he definitely won't want to throw it around the roads. Especially after he got done for speeding twice last time we went to Wales :surrender:

Nice one Gudzy B):lol:

Definitely take the Zed then as you can throw it around and pay the fines if you get caught ;)

3 things;

1. Slap him for buying a tasteless car like the Evoque.

2. Slap him harder for getting a diesel.

3. Slap him until he bleeds for wanting to take a Chelsea tractor on the beautiful roads that were made for sports cars......that is the specific reason Wales was grown for.

3 things;

1. Slap him for buying a tasteless car like the Evoque.

It's a work car

2. Slap him harder for getting a diesel.

It's still a work car but with free fuel

3. Slap him until he bleeds for wanting to take a Chelsea tractor on the beautiful roads that were made for sports cars......that is the specific reason Wales was grown for.

Agree with you there 100%

SMD is right - although I don't remember uttering that particular phrase before :scare: The Evoque is a works car and husband invariably gets something made by Land Rover. I don't discourage it because it's in my best interests too since he always gets a towbar fitted in order to tow my horse round the country ;)

Not sure about slapping him as he might enjoy that a bit too much :blush: He wouldn't know what to do with a sports car on the lovely Welsh roads anyway since he drives like a pensioner :stir:

p.s. no offence to any pensioners who drive a Zed as they obviously drive properly :#1:

p.p.s. can you get stickers that say, 'My other car is a mobility scooter'? If you can, I'll get one for my husband :D

If you take the zed and pass my house I'll wash your zed for you and make you a cup of tea.

Take the LR and I won't tell you where I live. :p:lol:

(nearly an OAP who drives Welsh roads slowly :innocent::) ) ------- Thought I say this before Dave does.