New exhaust needed: any offers or suggestions?

sasha@lazytrips

Hi guys,

My exhaust has given way for the final time and I'll be replacing it with something as soon as possible. If any traders or members have any exhausts in stock/can order quickly/think would be good, please suggest them below or pm me.

My requirements are:

1. Not too loud - I am not going for the rude boy sound and want to be able to speak to a passenger sitting the car.

2. Reasonably priced - I am not setting a stone budget, but let's just say I am really not keen to be spending anything in the 4 figures - the less the better. With the other options it will be a consideration of price vs what you get for the money.

3. Must still sound like a sports car.

My preferences if possible are (but not compulsory):

i. True Dual system

ii. I have the Do-Luck rear bumper which doesn't look very good with standard big back boxes. If the exhaust can come with two angled pipes (similar look to HKS Hi Power) at the back, that would be very desirable

I've looked around and am considering anything all options from fleabay to the traders on here. Cobra & Scorpion systems seem like the way to go, but don't tick many of the points above.

I'd have to recommend the milltek. Sounds lovely but a little quiet. Combine with the high flow cats and you get a perfect exhaust note. Really miss mine.

Also since hearing humpys car I would also have to recommend the cobra as that sounded great.

I'd go to a custom place to be honest. £600-700 could get you something of decent build quality, the exact look you want and also the exact sound you're looking for :thumbs:

AME quoted me 1k to do a proper race spec exhaust properly designed for the car bareing in mind all the exhaust gas flow rates etc.

Unfortunately your requirements contradict each other....

You want true dual for looks, but you also dont want too much noise which you will almost certainly get with one :shrug:

You are going to have to compromise on one or the other I think...

The eBay HKS copies don't fit without a bit of work and are loud with a lot of vibration :scare:

Unfortunately your requirements contradict each other....

You want true dual for looks, but you also dont want too much noise which you will almost certainly get with one :shrug:

You are going to have to compromise on one or the other I think...

The eBay HKS copies don't fit without a bit of work and are loud with a lot of vibration :scare:

That's kinda what I was thinking. By not too much noise I don't mean it needs to be as quiet as possible - just don't want to be going down the K1 route.

The HKS varies, probably because it has to be butchered a bit to fit... I would recommend a Buddy Club, but they are LOUD!

Have you looked at the cobra? It has a teeny weeny backbox that mght look ok :thumbs: it would meet your criteria of not being too noise unless you want it to be, especially if you added Berks :cloud9:

The HKS varies, probably because it has to be butchered a bit to fit... I would recommend a Buddy Club, but they are LOUD!

Have you looked at the cobra? It has a teeny weeny backbox that mght look ok :thumbs: it would meet your criteria of not being too noise unless you want it to be, especially if you added Berks :cloud9:

Given the situation with prices & availability I may well end up going for the cobra unless I get an awesome deal on a custom jobbie - trying to get a few quotes this morning.

Depends where you are mate in the country.

I can recommend Exhausts UK in Sheffield for custom job (Used to be called Ascar) I'm pretty sure they are the chaps who make the Cobra systems.

I'm considering going down there because I have a K1 which I love the look of but is too loud so may pop down to see if they can do anything to make it quieter.......However whilst I'm there I may just get a new system made up . . . .