New exhaust needed: any offers or suggestions?

sasha@lazytrips

Depends where you are mate in teh country.

I can recommend Exhausts UK in Sheffield fro custom job (Used to be called Ascar) I'm pretty sure they are the chaps who make the Cobra systems.

I'm considering going down there because I have a K1 which I love the look of but is too loud so may pop down to see if they can do anything to make it quieter.......However whilst I'm there I may just get a new system made up . . . .

Live in Nottingham, work down in Kent at the moment. Any place that can do a decent job at a reasonable cost that isn't too far away would do. If someone can knock up an HKS-style system for reasonable moneys, I'm game.

Depends where you are mate in teh country.

I can recommend Exhausts UK in Sheffield fro custom job (Used to be called Ascar) I'm pretty sure they are the chaps who make the Cobra systems.

I'm considering going down there because I have a K1 which I love the look of but is too loud so may pop down to see if they can do anything to make it quieter.......However whilst I'm there I may just get a new system made up . . . .

I would personally get a nice custom one made up rather than try and mod a K1 :surrender:

That is true Dave. Whilst my K1 fits really well in terms of alignment (novelty for Japspeed) you can just tell its not a great quality exhaust. When they try modding it the walls would probably just melt. They seem to be very thin.... :shrug:

I like exhausts where you can see the cans like the buddy club and K1 so aside from these two mega loud systems there isn't much choice because I'm not willing to spend over 1K.

Custom is likely to be the best bet for me and I can then go true dual :evil:

I can't find the pic but there was one with a K1 next to a BC and then you really saw the difference :scare:

If you like the K1 then fair enough, but If you try and adapt it you may end up with a big bag of metal filings :lol:

Yes I've seen that picture before, one bonus is its light weight ha ha :lol:

I think the K1 already falls into the big bag of metal filings category!

Thing with Cobra is that if you buy the y-pipe as well, you're getting into the £700ish territory which is very close to a number of other options which sound more interesting.

£700 is pretty good for a complete system, I wouldn't want to pay less than that for fear of it being poor quality...

Asking for recommendations is a moot point because everyone has different tastes and requirements and almost everyone thinks their set up is the best, I know I do :lol:

Only you will know what floats your particular boat but try and find someone that has that set up and see if they will take you for a ride in their car :thumbs: