Would it be wrong to smooth a nismo bumper?

ChristopherJames

is this the one listed on ebay until yesterday? ;)

It certainly is that one. I pick it up tomorrow after work and then will hopefully get it in primer on Friday at work.

I think I will end up smoothing the reflectors as I really like the look on my standard bumper and it makes it that little bit different so now I just need to decide if I will be doing it to this bumper or sell this one on and buy a replica from RT-Performance.

don't sell it and get a replica. you've just bought a bumper that will fit with no issues, you'd be a fool to seel it for a cheap replica.

this is my old one

P1000997.jpg

didn't smooth the reflectors out but i did do the badge. :thumbs:

P1000974.jpg

don't sell it and get a replica. you've just bought a bumper that will fit with no issues, you'd be a fool to seel it for a cheap replica.

this is my old one

P1000997.jpg

P1000974.jpg

Do this if you must smooth something :thumbs:

I think most people like the reflectors, so if it comes to selling up, you'll want to sell that valuable Nismo bumper separately I'm sure and you'll probably not get as much for it with them smoothed out. Otherwise sell it to me and buy a USDM Nismo style lip :#1:

I can see both sides to what people are saying and the reason for even thinking about selling the genuine one and getting a replica is just due to resell value.

I know the nismo is very sought after and doing the modifications that I want to would ruine it for most people but I know how good it will look.

Well I pick the bumper up tonight and hopefully get it in primer tomorrow at work. I just need to decide what I'm going to do...

this is my old one

P1000997.jpg

P1000974.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Gives me a good idea of what it would look like keeping the reflectors

If you're going to do it, do it how you want it!

I have the aerosync which has no badge and no line. Still have reflectors though.

+1... do it how you want it :thumbs:

I smoothed my rep nismo aswell...... I think it looked bloody good :blush:

SDC11807.jpg