Exhaust options!

Screamer

Hi all,

To everyone at the Wales meet: now look what you've done! :lol:

After having heard various exhausts over the weekend, plus my car being apparently electric if the lack of noise captured by the videos is anything to go by :yawn: , I can see that I'm going to end up taking the plunge on some kind of addition to the exhaust system :clap:

The most tempting option right now (particularly on price) is looking like the Scorpion, so my first question is does anyone here have one?

Beyond that, Redline Styling's Invidia Gemini group buy looks tempting, but even though that seems a fair bit cheaper than the many £1200-£1300 options (Stillen, etc), it's still a good £250 ish more than the Scorpion... Difficult to tell if it's actually buying anything more! Obviously, I'm sure each exhaust out there has a different tone, but it's difficult to compare them unless you've got all the options together at once... plus, every exhaust I heard at the meet sounded different varieties of great to me!

Last couple of questions (honest!): is there a Cobra exhaust for the 370Z yet? Sparky370z (Mark) seemed to reckon there is one, and I have found some videos of a remote-controlled exhaust by Cobra on YouTube, but I can't find anyone anywhere selling anything Cobra-branded for the 370Z (remote controlled or not)! Lastly, I'm after a setup that minimally effects cruising sound levels, but adds more noise when you put your foot down - are HFC's attached to the stock exhaust a good idea instead?

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Cobra will be releasing their exhaust for the 370z towards the end of this year... :thumbs:

We put one of our members 370z forward when Scorpion designed the 370z exhaust, Kev, also got to keep the exhaust too, so it’s also an option worth thinking about… :thumbs: Scorpion on our site - http://cougarstore.co.uk/index.php?main ... cPath=2_16 :)

I've got a fast intentions coming into stock in two - three weeks.

Having filmed you in the tunnel you could do with something to give the 370 the sound it deserves.

There's a good selection here plus I price match

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/370z-exhaust-systems.aspx

I would be wary of anyone else in the Uk advertising Invidia, if you email them direct then they will tell you Tarmac Sportz has sole uk rights, a deal that was set up a while back. I have plenty in stock of these and I'm in the process of setting up a business called "Invidia Uk". As mentioned this can be verified directly with Invidia.

I will do a seperate thread on it soon :)

I think you probably had it pretty lucky being at the Wales meet and hearing the variety on show :thumbs: IMHO the HFC's with stock just wouldn't do the car justice, HFC's and aftermarket exhaust is the way to go.

I reckon, apart from the likes of a K1 or Buddy Club, most are not intrusive in the cab at cruising speeds, another option would be to have a custom made exhaust, individual and advice on the level/depth of sound that you want by the manufacturer. There's a few on here that have successfully went down this route :thumbs:

My advice if it's worth anything, would be to get a true dual system, coupled with HFC's. You're budget, at the end of the day, will dictate to a large extent the system you finally opt for.

Opps, looks like the welsh trip is going to dent your wallet a little more ;) but oh what fun

+1 your car looks fantastic, I really loke the CF bits front & rear but I think it is Humpys vid of 5/6 cars pulling away and your does sound very quiet... Why did Nissan build a lovely sports car and put a silent exhaust on it :shrug:

It's because he was following my K1, anything would sound quiet compared to that :blush::p

If there are any YouTube videos up they can help a bit but really you need to be in the car and have a listen at cruising speed to see if it's too loud and then drop a few gears to see if it's too quiet...

I think you should have a name change to whisperer until you get something sorted :stir:

I am looking for a Fast Intentions for my 370z after seeing and hearing this at the weekend :thumbs:

From a distance I though Chris's number plate said something else :lol::thumbs:

Well I know what I would have if I didn't have the Stillen

P1010902.jpg

P1010904.jpg

Fast Intentions as now on the ChrisS 370 B)

(found by who :D;) )

I would be wary of anyone else in the Uk advertising Invidia, if you email them direct then they will tell you Tarmac Sportz has sole uk rights, a deal that was set up a while back. I have plenty in stock of these and I'm in the process of setting up a business called "Invidia Uk". As mentioned this can be verified directly with Invidia.

This comment is not entirely true. This was brought up a month or so ago and I contacted Invidia who assured me that other UK suppliers are allowed to stock and sell the Invidia exhaust systems.

If you need any help regarding the Invida exhaust or details regarding the above comment then feel free to send me a PM. :thumbs:

Steve

I am looking for a Fast Intentions for my 370z after seeing and hearing this at the weekend :thumbs:

Sorry Lee " It's not allowed " :boxing::lol:

From a distance I though Chris's number plate said something else :lol::thumbs:

Yep that's me DULL FUC :lol:

This comment is not entirely true. This was brought up a month or so ago and I contacted Invidia who assured me that other UK suppliers are allowed to stock and sell the Invidia exhaust systems.

If you need any help regarding the Invida exhaust or details regarding the above comment then feel free to send me a PM. :thumbs:

Steve

Your quite right Steve, as in the Tarmac/Invidia contract I will be supplying other business's invidia products at trade rates so they can sell at an rrp.

That doesn't need to be by pm. I see you took my advice on the cf bonnet dampers btw. Good move - should sell well ;)

I've set up a few more dealers over the last week so check the website for details :thumbs:

Hi all,

The most tempting option right now (particularly on price) is looking like the Scorpion, so my first question is does anyone here have one?

I have a Scorpion, (the blue Z in this vid)

Hi all,

To everyone at the Wales meet: now look what you've done! :lol:

After having heard various exhausts over the weekend, plus my car being apparently electric if the lack of noise captured by the videos is anything to go by :yawn: , I can see that I'm going to end up taking the plunge on some kind of addition to the exhaust system :clap:

Beyond that, Redline Styling's Invidia Gemini group buy looks tempting, but even though that seems a fair bit cheaper than the many £1200-£1300 options (Stillen, etc), it's still a good £250 ish more than the Scorpion... Difficult to tell if it's actually buying anything more! Obviously, I'm sure each exhaust out there has a different tone, but it's difficult to compare them unless you've got all the options together at once... plus, every exhaust I heard at the meet sounded different varieties of great to me!

Last couple of questions (honest!): is there a Cobra exhaust for the 370Z yet? Sparky370z (Mark) seemed to reckon there is one, and I have found some videos of a remote-controlled exhaust by Cobra on YouTube, but I can't find anyone anywhere selling anything Cobra-branded for the 370Z (remote controlled or not)! Lastly, I'm after a setup that minimally effects cruising sound levels, but adds more noise when you put your foot down - are HFC's attached to the stock exhaust a good idea instead?

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

The only one that floats my boat is on kev-t 370. It sounds awsome and i asked about it for my HR

All the exhaust companies have there products on u-tube and what i have done is played U-tube through the surround sound

and come up with a short list.

Might l suggest you do a simular excersise and if you have Virgin TiVo it links up directly.

No good trying to listen on a PC as you need the base on:)

:drive1 P:)

sooo many options, soooo much money needing to be spent :cry:

and then there's the lower cill guard that G-man is trying to sort a group buy on

and then there's the ecu remapping to be done

and ......

and.....

sooo many options, soooo much money needing to be spent :cry:

and then there's the lower cill guard that G-man is trying to sort a group buy on

and then there's the ecu remapping to be done

and ......

and.....

Better get to the doctors quick seems you have caught a case of zeditis in wales

+1 on the fast intentions exhaust, it looked and sounded awesome on chris's zed and they are getting great reviews in the US

Chris said it got a bit droney in 4th upwards - not that he ever reaches those gears though :stir: