My mates 205.... with a Jap twist

chettle

As were all petrol heads, hope you can all appreciate the work thats gone into this...

Walt2.jpg

248637_2083002515675_1263451910_2569823_5886753_n-1.jpg

249453_10150651320870322_850775321_18927139_1636954_n.jpg

247338_10150651320705322_850775321_18927135_3226605_n1.jpg

Walt.jpg

Its a 2.3 stroker, with a GT3572,eibach springs on bilstein shocks, rose jointed everything, 330mm disks with evo8 calipers under 15inch wheels, done ALL the work himself apart from the mapping, and it made 608bhp

Mental is not the word with this one!!!

:scare: christ thats a lot of motor to power something about the same size as a gnat's testicle....

what width tyre is he running at the front? thats going to ballistic once the tyres hook up!

Must have carried over the 4WD surely? What would be the point in 600+bhp through the front wheels? :wacko:

nope... FWD only..

No-go in the wet, but hes got some gear driven boost controller gadget thing, which he recons should help put the power down!

Fresh set of slicks went on yesterday and hes down to Mallory on saturday!

It does have road wheels with 225's, cant remember which they were, but they lasted about a week before this boost controller went on!

Awesome! Alot of blood sweat and tears must have went into that.

Although 4wd would have been my preferance, rwd if he was a nutter!

If that was my car I'd hide the intercooler and change the bonnet to OEM and then I would be king of the sleepers. :lol:

Let us know how he goes. That's a lot of power in a small track car. :evil:

We had an NSXR (not sure if you had them in Pomland), little FWD Nissan, he whipped all the powerful RWD's Z butt's at one of our drag days about 5 years ago. He was putting down over 400FWKW's, well over 600 horses at the shoes. Absolutely die straight on a very slippery strip, no traction problems. :surrender: Quickest on the day, by quite a bit.

I love a 205 and it looks like a lovely example.

Need to see this 600bhp in action though as can't see it working that well! The new focus RS slips and slides in the damp even with all it's FWD wizardry.

I love this car :thumbs:

I thought my 1.9GTi was lively, and my mate's MI16-engined 205 felt nuts by comparison to that with the standard 160bhp out of a Citroen BX....

....that thing must be terrifying.

Looks like a nice clean install.

Dave

Actualy holy @*!#, thats a proper install as well. :thumbs:

My cousin had 600 and something in a Civic, dont think Ive ever seen anything shift like that in my life. The fact he was happy to do it down bumpy B roads was even more astonishing, you can make these things work if you set them up right :boxing:

nope... FWD only..

So instead of it being an utter;ly epic machine, it's another FWD scrabble wagon.

What's the point in going to all that effort (and it does look very good from here) if you're left with something that's hideously under-engineered to actually put the power to the floor? :thumbdown:

nope... FWD only..

What's the point in going to all that effort

Not to be classed as another very fast rwd/4wd car but maybe become the fastest fwd car in the uk? think its still held by RS tunings *Specky's* tegra. similar hp out put to this I think.

I know which title I would rather have :#1:

nope... FWD only..

So instead of it being an utter;ly epic machine, it's another FWD scrabble wagon.

What's the point in going to all that effort (and it does look very good from here) if you're left with something that's hideously under-engineered to actually put the power to the floor? :thumbdown:

Originally he wanted to beat pug1offs 406bhp gti6, so at those powers, traction isn't a 'huge' issue, but as time went on, goals changed.

I can appreciate what ur saying but look at the 9second civics in the states, or malta... The UK is very behind in the fwd department, and I personally like to see the boundaries pushed!

Give it time and I'm sure it will end up 4wd anyway, its had every pug engine going, so I don't see why it wouldn't

• 2 weeks later...

Just to revive this... I managed to blag a ride out in it the other day, Wheel spin is MENTAL... but between spinning up the wheels, and stopping like its hit a brick wall, the things an ANIMAL! It made another friends 614bhp Evo8 feel slow!

AND it turns corners!

MENTAL!