UK rear bumper vs import rear bumper

smudgedon

Is it just me, or does anyone else prefer the square rear plate recess on the import Zed's?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQugSNchG9gOAt0TRSsTKvPkGVey9c8JGKawKb3TWdBeoQzbE70

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQp91ovT0dEHMqM-zBncNtQg_cluCICHQENKFP14tjjoEfHvroVhw

Is it possible to source these? Do they fit directly onto UK spec 350's? Is it illegal to have a square rear numberplate as apposed to the usual UK numberplate shape?

Fully legal in The U.K :thumbs: . They do look great on American Cars as their number plates are far more interesting than the boring ones we have here and not being yellow helps too :) . In the U.K though I prefer our rectangular plates.

Is it possible to source these? Do they fit directly onto UK spec 350's?

I would imagine they can be sourced over here, one of the reasons why imports cost more to insure and yes they fit directly. Some aftermarket bumpers come with a square recess like for example the Chargespeed bumper.

Pete

UK shaped for me too - I love Japanese cars and the JDM market, but I wouldnt want to drive an import unless I had to, and a square numberplate is usually a dead giveaway of an import.

Plus I generally favour low and wide stylistic cues on cars, which a square numberplate recess isn't.

Another thing that really puts me off is that the UK square plate does not seem to fully cover the holes left by the original plate and you end up with something like looks pretty awful ,imo, like this:

3829088-4.jpg

:thumbdown:

You can always cut a plate to size ;)

Unfortunately square doesnt work for my plate!

Me neither. I have a 14N in my plate that are 'conveniently' (ahem) spaced together to read IAN. Having the characters on 2 rows wouldn't work in my circumstance.

UK FTW! :yahoo:

bottom pic is an ings+1 bumper, no problem as long as the letter/number sizes comply with the law etc. I prefer the import square(ish) bumper :yawn:

Nope. Bottom one is a Do-Luck bumper (I am a lucky owner of one) and it does look sweet. I have a fully legal square plate that fits perfectly, but I think it was a custom job.

Another thing that really puts me off is that the UK square plate does not seem to fully cover the holes left by the original plate and you end up with something like looks pretty awful ,imo, like this:

3829088-4.jpg

:thumbdown:

:snack: This is my old car! These are ventilation holes to prevent corrosion B) The reason they show is that Halfrauds mis measured the custom plate and when they arrived I pointed this out and got the plates for free...

I think square plates are better on any car :thumbs:

Mike

Unfortunately square doesnt work for my plate!

You have only got 5 letters on your plate? Mine is 5 letters and is on one line legally spaced and BS marked to.

Sorry if I'm being dense here but doesn't that then defeat the purpose of a square plate if it's all on one line?