UK rear bumper vs import rear bumper

smudgedon

Unfortunately square doesnt work for my plate!

You have only got 5 letters on your plate? Mine is 5 letters and is on one line legally spaced and BS marked to.

Sorry if I'm being dense here but doesn't that then defeat the purpose of a square plate if it's all on one line?

No because its still square?

I guess we should call them squarer plates as they are nowhere near square in reality :) . While I was researching the legality of these plates I came upon a law that says all cars that can support a U.K plate should have them fitted, in other words fitting an aftermarket bumper with a square holder is in fact an offence. I found several threads on various car forums where people got a £60 fixed penalty, even on JDM imports as some JDM models will actually take a U.K number plate. Here's an example, this guy was fined £60 and told to put U.K style plates on. How stupid .

P1706_03-08-11.jpg

Pete

I guess we should call them squarer plates as they are nowhere near square in reality :) . While I was researching the legality of these plates I came upon a law that says all cars that can support a U.K plate should have them fitted, in other words fitting an aftermarket bumper with a square holder is in fact an offence. I found several threads on various car forums where people got a £60 fixed penalty, even on JDM imports as some JDM models will actually take a U.K number plate. Here's an example, this guy was fined £60 and told to put U.K style plates on. How stupid .

P1706_03-08-11.jpg

Pete

I had front and rear square plates and no one said anything?