Hello - 95% sure I'll get 350z, please help!

Hello, New here. (hand shakes all round)

I currently drive a Mercedes 190e (1.8) - I love it but 95% certain I want to change to a 350z. I have spent a lot of time researching and working out insurance, all good......EXCEPT

I am put off by one thing!....A good friend of mine (Peter) tells me that the 350z has a reputation for "fruity mobile hairdresser types" I'm not prejudice or even bothered by his crazy opinions but I would like to prove him wrong!

He drives a J-reg Mitsubishi Colt! - He has it slammed to floor and has done all the normal stupid things to it that is all to common amongst " boy-racer hockey dads" types.

Should I listen to Peter? - I intend to print out this thread and show it to him.

Thanks in advance,

:welcome:

Peter is an idiot, I'd ditch him and get a new friend :lol:

Go on, admit it, you had some curling tongs until you bought the r34 :p

Personally I have a room, with only haircare products and nail glitter.

What do you mean until?

I'm offering hair cuts at Japfest ;)

I haven't got one yet, but the 350z is certainly hot a hairdressers car!!!

People were comparing the 350 to an S2000 which i definately think is a hairdressers car

The V6 in a 350z makes it a man's car ;)

Ey hang on a minute, you're after a spoiler and you don't even have a zed to put it on yet? :p

Thanks, the more I think about it the more I start to thinking he is indeed a fool -

He drives round in an early nineties shopping car thinking he is some kind of racing driver - You know the type - takes the spare wheel and back seats out to increase speed - stickers everywhere (calls them de-cals) - changes gear half way round corners!

You have swayed me people! I'm now 100% sure!

Wish me luck in finding my new 350z and indeed a new friend!

I am put off by one thing!....A good friend of mine (Peter) tells me that the 350z has a reputation for "fruity mobile hairdresser types" I'm not prejudice or even bothered by his crazy opinions but I would like to prove him wrong!

Thanks in advance,

you have to remember that your asking this question on a 350Z forum, your not going to get lots of people turn round and say, "yes we're all a bunch of raging homo's" :lol:

to put this in perspective for those in slight denial the large influx of female members on the forum of recent times. this doesn't make it a girls car, but its curves do seem to attract ladies with good taste.

I would say it is a slightly girly car in its shape, but i wouldn't say its a girls car. but as RWD cars go its a very safe option, with the TCS and other gadgets its nigh on impossible to do something stupid in it (unless you turn it off) so although it has 276 bhp its a very useable car.

my wife liked the zed more than i did to be honest. and there are several people on here, even though its there missus car.

and as for the S2000 its a better driving car than the 350Z ;) an dif i still had my old one i would quiet happily have wooped your arse round snetterton ;)

What do you mean until?

I'm offering hair cuts at Japfest ;)

Can you do extensions and my nails? Always wanted them in hot pink :p

To match your purse :ninja:

c1442.jpg

;):ninja:

As long as you have a bag to match that purse!

If not my wife will...... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't think there are many hairdressers who could afford to run a 350Z ;) . Sure, there are plenty of women who drive them but the ones I've spoken to are all like middle management types!

Pete

People were comparing the 350 to an S2000 which i definately think is a hairdressers car

Ey hang on a minute, you're after a spoiler and you don't even have a zed to put it on yet? :p

Nothing wrong with having a living room full of parts ready to put onto the car when i get it ;)

Nothing wrong with having a living room full of parts ready to put onto the car when i get it ;)

+1 :blush:

:welcome:

I think RT above has made a fair point that you are on a 350z forum and people here love their Zed's to bits... dont think you ll hear much other way around! Having said that I dont own a 'Z'... YET... so I can give an unbiased opinion (I think). I think its the best sports car in the world given the price tag it comes with. Period!!

The reason for your friends opinion I guess could be either he cant afford one so grapes are sour, or he definately knows that its a superb car and he dont want you to own one!