Alloy Wheel Cleaner...Recommended.

Zugara

Tim at Envy sold myself and SMD some wheel cleaner yesterday.

Now, this stuff really really really stinks, but it does a really really really good job of cleaning your alloys with minimal effort but super effects.

I am not promoting Envy here, but IF you want very clean alloys with no effort I would suggest you purchase some of this stinky juice. :thumbs:

https://www.envyvaleting.com/products_info.asp?id=259

You know me, if its good I will say so, and if its bad I will tell it as I see it. :wacko:

This stuff IS GOOD...... :teeth: IMO.

Thanks for the kind words guys. The stuff does honk (and this is the V3 non smelly version supposedly!) but it is very effective. Longer its left the better.

I gave Connor a sniff of the original version, and a sniff of the competitors product and he thought there was a lorry pumping out a septic tank somewhere!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. The stuff does honk (and this is the V3 non smelly version supposedly!) but it is very effective. Longer its left the better.

I gave Connor a sniff of the original version, and a sniff of the competitors product and he thought there was a lorry pumping out a septic tank somewhere!!!

I'm still using the original stuff and it stinks. Only use it when it's a bit windy so you can't smell it as much.

The Nano is great for quickness because you just spray it.(but it's very expensive)

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would try out Wonder Wheels today, considering it's been voted "Best Buy" 12 years in a row or something ridiculous like that. I found that after washing the car with Meguirs Nxt Generation and giving the wheels a clean with it too, that the Wonder Wheels did absolutely nothing. I'm sure it would be great if your wheels needed a bit of a clean and the rest of the car didn't, but no point buying this stuff if you're cleaning the whole car anyway. I'm sure this other smelly stuff is much better, though.

I thought I would try out Wonder Wheels today, considering it's been voted "Best Buy" 12 years in a row or something ridiculous like that. I found that after washing the car with Meguirs Nxt Generation and giving the wheels a clean with it too, that the Wonder Wheels did absolutely nothing. I'm sure it would be great if your wheels needed a bit of a clean and the rest of the car didn't, but no point buying this stuff if you're cleaning the whole car anyway. I'm sure this other smelly stuff is much better, though.

Wonder wheels is highly acidic and will dull your finish and then it will eat into your wheels.

Don't they all have to be pretty highly acidic to eat into the baked on brake dust and tar? I doubt i'll be using it again seeing as the shampoo appears to have done just as good a job anyway. I only used it once and I have the standard 18's which are in need of a professional refurb and I plan on colour changing anyway soon(ish), but thanks for the advice.

Been using Turtlewax wheel cleaner, very good, simply pour into pot apply to brush and agitate on wheels then wash off, I usually wash off with a old microfibre wool mitt and some water mixed with megauirs gold class.

Wonder wheels is highly acidic and will dull your finish and then it will eat into your wheels.

+1 on that - I used to use it years ago.... okay on a steel wheel, but alloy it just eats the lacquer eventually.

I still like Meguiars Hot Rims, never damages the lacquer and cleans of crud like you wouldn't believe. I did the entire rim before wales and you need 4 squirts of the stuff and the inside - yes the inside of the rim was as clean as a baby's bum.

To be fair there's a lot of wheel treatments out there, I won't be changing until I find a fault with the meguiars.

I looked at the megs before buying the wonder wheels, think they are about the same price but megs didn't have the brush included so for easiness sake, I went for the wonder wheels. Won't be using it anymore thought because it's no better than the shampoo...

Back in the 90's I used Wonder Wheels and thought it was the nuts.

But this was before I even considered waxing or sealing my alloys.

Then after discovering wheel sealants I only used regular car shampoo.

For the past year or so I only use a hose with a slow flow of water and gentle agitation with a micro fibre cloth once a week.

Any stubborn marks that get left after a couple of months are removed easily when I use my all in one "wheel guard" by Chemical Guys which contains mild cleansers.

The polished lips on my LMGT-4s look like new and and have never touched a dedicated wheel cleaner ever.....just shampoo and now water. They're 5yrs old now and left on every winter!

My daily commute only takes 100 to 200 miles a week though.