performance car lessons

DaJimstar

Hi, :) I am not ashamed to admit, I would like proper racing lessons in my 350z :thumbs: as I know I need to learn how to drive the car properly on its limit (not on the road) at airfield days etc. Does anyone know any teachers in all things racing line, transmission, breaking and steering when it comes to performance cars.. I am reqdy for an OB1.. :D Thanks...p.s any one intrested in group buy etc.. just let me know.. fun and learning.. every days a school day :bangin:

Club MSV do performance car driving days at a few locations around the UK (Oulton, Cadwell, Snetterton and Brands Hatch) where you have track time too.

I'm wanting to do the Oulton one later this month as I know that I've still not learned to get the most out of the car. It's £400 at Oulton which is a bit steep but think it'll be worth it :)

Linky: http://www.clubmsv.co.uk/car-home/driver-training.aspx

S.

thanks guys thats amazing.. :D Squee, if you fancy getting a few and see if we could group buy, etc. I am happy to help, but am a newb so dont know if I am allowed etc.. etc.. :drive1

Everyone is allowed as long as it's done properly.

What the team expects is written at the top of the Group buy section of the forum.

thats B) np.. I knew there would be rules. I will simply follow, thanks for highlighting to me..

Nothing complicated, just basically keep people in the loop and don't be a d*ck! :lol::lol::lol:

+1000 for http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/

Colin will teach you more in two hours than you will in a lifetime by yourself.

Spend the money on this before your fanny about with your car.

Doing the performance course in your own car is the best way of learning the limits of your car (You'll be amazed at the grip a Z has braking and cornering)

Thoroughly recommend the "Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling" course as well.

I made my co-pilot do the courses as well, now she drives better than me :headhurt:

Can't recommend Colin enough. (Don't know if I'll forgive him for teaching a girl to drive my car faster than me though!) :bang:

I did the Driver Development Programme day at Kenilworth with Carolyn Barker earlier this year. It was a great mix of circuit driving and going sideways on special low friction skid areas. I've found my road driving has come on a lot as a result of the day (mainly looking much further ahead). I'd echo the comments about the value of this sort of training. It's also a lot of fun!

+loads ref Colin at CAT, I couldn't believe how much more the Zed had to give :surrender::drive1 Ebized was fairly impressed too :) We were both sensible to ensure that our courses were Chrimbo/birthday presents from our "co-pilots" :thumbs:

+1000 for http://www.catdrivertraining.co.uk/

Colin will teach you more in two hours than you will in a lifetime by yourself.

Spend the money on this before your fanny about with your car.

Doing the performance course in your own car is the best way of learning the limits of your car (You'll be amazed at the grip a Z has braking and cornering)

Thoroughly recommend the "Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling" course as well.

I made my co-pilot do the courses as well, now she drives better than me :headhurt:

Can't recommend Colin enough. (Don't know if I'll forgive him for teaching a girl to drive my car faster than me though!) :bang:

Walshy (Andy Walsh) is the man to go for, ex-F1 test driver, mad as a box of very Welsh frogs, will teach you things you didn't know were possible (including how to defeat the brake distribution on the Zed without pulling fuses!). Top guy, can't recommend him enough.

www.carlimits.com

Walshy (Andy Walsh) is the man to go for, ex-F1 test driver, mad as a box of very Welsh frogs, Top guy, can't recommend him enough.

http://www.carlimits.com

Sounds very interesting indeed, welsh mad frogs, F1, Top Guy, what’s not to like... Something called work is in the way today :bang: so I will send some e-mails and comms to those recommended and see what deals we can get. I will keep everyone fully posted... will send comms tonight and as soon as I have some ideas on figures, deals to numbers ratio, availability etc.

Keep the recommendations coming please.. :)

For the first time try a track taster day, yesterday at cadwell park it was £25 for a couple of hours instruction and track. I think you will find they all do this type of event. From that, you can as already stated go for full days that are more intensive with personal training. :thumbs:

For the first time try a track taster day, yesterday at cadwell park it was £25 for a couple of hours instruction and track. I think you will find they all do this type of event. From that, you can as already stated go for full days that are more intensive with personal training. :thumbs:

Good advice..I will look at all options... :drive1

thanks guys thats amazing.. :D Squee, if you fancy getting a few and see if we could group buy, etc. I am happy to help, but am a newb so dont know if I am allowed etc.. etc.. :drive1

Yep I'd defo be up for a group-buy thing...let me know how you get on if you manage to speak to MSV :thumbs:

S.