Stubby Aerial arrived. Not what i thought-pics

barryrob78

Was trying to upgrade to S2K aerial to get rid off the zed's fishing rod. Is it just me or is it too wide where it joins the car?

Too me, it doesn't look like it belongs! :wacko:

It was described as genuine S2k and it certainly looks the same having previously owned one.

Maybe they are meant to look this way but if so i may return and go for an aftermarkey jobby.

DSCF4551.jpg

Was trying to upgrade to S2K aerial to get rid off the zed's fishing rod. Is it just me or is it too wide where it joins the car?

Too me, it doesn't look like it belongs! :wacko:

It was described as genuine S2k and it certainly looks the same having previously owned one.

Maybe they are meant to look this way but if so i may return and go for an aftermarkey jobby.

DSCF4551.jpg

Wow what a shocker. :pmtarmac:

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

I'm interested in this, as it will be my first mod... and i want a decent one. I've seen a few with that ebay link. Anyone know if its good reception?? Also in general, even the S2K stubby, what does it come with? and by that i mean has the aerial got the 'male' part and is it a decent size... ( :lol: aw the jokes could be horrendous) eg. I went through 2 or 3 aerials off ebay. Ones came with tiny screw 'male' parts so it wasn't secure enough on the aerial housing....and the one i eventually kept.. had a 'female' part the same as the car!! So in the end I took a bit of rod, cut it down to size, so it fitted perfectly into the aerial housing and the aerial screwed into it a perfect, tight fit. It looks a bit worse for ware now as its been on for a bit, but its a brilliant little thing, perfect signal and despite looking big in the pic its about the size of my middle finger. Solid metal item.

I'd be looking for sumthin similar for the Zed, but we'll see. that S2K one looks horrendous. The ebay link one looks like a nice fit.

I'm interested in this, as it will be my first mod... and i want a decent one. I've seen a few with that ebay link. Anyone know if its good reception?? Also in general, even the S2K stubby, what does it come with? and by that i mean has the aerial got the 'male' part and is it a decent size... ( :lol: aw the jokes could be horrendous) eg. I went through 2 or 3 aerials off ebay. Ones came with tiny screw 'male' parts so it wasn't secure enough on the aerial housing....and the one i eventually kept.. had a 'female' part the same as the car!! So in the end I took a bit of rod, cut it down to size, so it fitted perfectly into the aerial housing and the aerial screwed into it a perfect, tight fit. It looks a bit worse for ware now as its been on for a bit, but its a brilliant little thing, perfect signal and despite looking big in the pic its about the size of my middle finger. Solid metal item.

I'd be looking for sumthin similar for the Zed, but we'll see. that S2K one looks horrendous. The ebay link one looks like a nice fit.

Do what i've just done mate...take a hack saw to the oem one. Remove the thin part and your left with a stubby aerial...free of charge and you still get reception.

I'll be sending the S2Kone back and would not recommend.

Cheers.

I got an ebay jobby like rothers, black and carbon, note that there is a hole slightly visible on the base with this one but all i did was get a little black rubber band and put it round the base of the aerial - looks perfectly fine!

Do what i've just done mate...take a hack saw to the oem one. Remove the thin part and your left with a stubby aerial...free of charge and you still get reception.

Cheers.

:worthless:

Think i prefer this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-Z ... 53e8d70cd2

Same company i got the S2K one from.

This is the stubby I've got. Perfect fit (no overhang at base like with S2k aerial) and absolutely no issues with reception.

AMT250 re your fitment issues this is a straight replacement, no pratting about fashioning a suitable 5mm male fitment, unscrew OEM and screw this one in its place. Job Done.

Cheers.

:worthless:

Sorry had uploaded it but was away from the laptop.

Think i'll still go for the one in the link i posted but this will do in the interm. All it really needs is a rounder top. It felt like sacrilege sawing it and i'm not a massive modifier but i think it looks better than the original :thumbs:

DSCF4553.jpg