What you come across on google maps

Ebized

Great spot! I've found some weird things on google maps too. I was surveying a route through some back roads in Utah when it suddenly went from a bright sunny day to deep snow on the road, an overcast sky then back again to sunshine a few hundred yards later.

Pete

Looks like a BA (Boeing 777) plane to me. I reckon you can see the red flashes of the ribbon near the nose and the top part of the vertical stabilizer arrowed (that looks orangey). I could be wrong though :shrug:

1729433.jpg

I bet you that didn't take off from the Wickes car park.

[attachment=0]Google map with plane.jpg[/attachment]

Taken about 10 miles south west of Heathrow. Pic extract is zoomed in a bit so not sure how high the mapping plane is above that one :shrug:

Anyone know the airline?

Is that near Sunningdale by any chance? By coincidence, I think I might have seen it as well recently :thumbs:

I love the google maps directions 'mordor'.....nice to see some companies still have a sense of humour!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl#bmb=1

that link above just comes up with aa map of swanage when i click on it.. :surrender:

Hmmm doing the same to me now.

To to google directions and ask for walking directions from 'the shire' to 'Mordor'.....obviously it doesn't recognise either address so don't select any of the options it suggests.

Ear

Good call Dave :thumbs:

Looks like a BA (Boeing 777) plane to me. I reckon you can see the red flashes of the ribbon near the nose and the top part of the vertical stabilizer arrowed (that looks orangey). I could be wrong though :shrug:

1729433.jpg